NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Crazy impala
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Crazy impala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooperaaaron
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject:  Crazy impala Reply with quote

Ok, here's my issue.

Security light, every day.

Installed new ignition switch

Installed new ignition cylinder

Gauges jump TWICE when moving key from accessory to on and from on to start.

A/C fan control now does not work.

Cruise control does not work.

Pulled clustr/bcm fuse AND bcm fuse, car starts, no security light, no abs light, cluster DOES NOT JUMP TWICE, only once when moving key from ON to START, just like all of my other cars.

Pulled BCM fuse, car starts, no security light, no ABS light, cluster DOES NOT JUMP TWICE, only once like normal cars when moving key from ON to START.

Secure Idle does not work. No Cruise control.

Security light is on every day, car does not start up until I set for 3 - 5 minutes.

Have done 10 minute sit and wait every day now.

Have done Security Relearn every day, car does not seem to remember.

Car starts with both keys and BCM fuse out, with NO issues.

No codes at Autozone.

No other issues.

Was thinking about the Crank Position Sensor, but since messing with the BCM fuses, I think I can now leave that one out for the moment.

When car is running, runs like a brand new car, good gas mileage, etc...

Ordered a 9C1 BCM, comes Friday. Checked BCM in car, it is a 168 BCM from 2002.

So, what do you think ???
Laughing
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject:  crazy impala Reply with quote

Good luck and keep us posted. Cool

cooperaaaron
Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject:  Luck? Reply with quote

Well, that's not helping.
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

dont know about the other issues, but where did you get the BCM from? They are a 1 time use thing. You have to replace with new and it has to be programmed while in the car by either a dealer or someone with a techII programmer/scanner.

Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject:  The 9C1 BCM Reply with quote

was ordered from Rock Auto. And our school has several GM techs teaching there, it will cost me $5.00 to have them program it. But before the BCM arrives, I am hoping to find out if it is the issue or something else is causing these issues. Laughing
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

considering the BCM controls all of that, I would guess that is the culprit.

Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject:  But.... Reply with quote

BBEngineer says that the a/c is not controlled by the BCM. And he seems to be a smart guy on the forums. So, it seems it is time for me to do some checking...

So, I just walked out to the car, and started pulling fuses to see what would happen. I pulled the BCM fuse and as I mentioned, the car still ran but I had no cruise, no abs light, but no Security light either, car just started right up.

I then installed the BCM fuse and then pulled the CLUSTR/BCM fuse. I had no insturment panel lights, the gauges did not move or light up. Still no cruise. But the lights on the a/c went out. No door lock issues. No Security light.

I think you are right. The BCM is old (2002). The BCM fuses have a effect on the rest of the car's operation. Take out the BCM and the Security lights do not show up. And I did replace the two parts of the ignition, the switch and the cylinder, with new parts. The a/c fan control on the dash might be bad since the lights were already out on it, I can accept that. But the Security light issue and not starting right up has drove me crazy ! lol !

So, I will drive the car as it is now (will my ABS still work if I pull that single BCM fuse ?) until the 22nd of Sept, I then go in to have the new 9C1 BCM programmed.

Thanks to all !
cooperaaaron
Cadet
Cadet

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Oh yes ! Update...... Reply with quote

Got my new BCM installed today ! All problems mentioned have not shown back up. Car starts as if new, NO jumping of the gauges when starting, NO Security light when starting. A/C works correctly. Door locks work correctly. ( They did program the locks to lock when car is put in drive and all unlock when put in park, I know I can change this if I reinstall the original radio. I am not sure about the traction control, since there's no button to cut it off, this car being a 9C1. And they also activated the DRL's... Don't know about that one! Thanks all for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: