NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account
 

  
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - can't get contacts in -___-
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

can't get contacts in -___-
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject:  can't get contacts in -___- Reply with quote

went to the eye doctor today tried to put contacts in my eye and can't get them in. I know about the common method of looking up and I even tried focusing on something else didn't work. I get them to my eye and the second it touches I blink (even though my holding my top lid) The fact that I have long eye lashes doesn't help either. This crap is pissing me off. Anybody on hear wear contacts and have some sort of "secret method" to put them in?

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Posts: 2653
Posts per day: 0.93
Location: Chicago, IL

2000 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

had the same problem when I was 14..said screw it. I only need my glasses when I read so it doesnt bother me 2 much

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 10054
Posts per day: 2.6
Location: Reading, PA

2009 Toyota Tacoma


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just have to get used to touching your eye. I'm almost 28 now and I've had contacts since I was 16. I had a lot of trouble at first. No real secret. It would take me forever to get them in now I can put them in without a mirror. If you want them, just get them. You'll get used to it. I'm pretty much blind without glasses or contacts so I prefer to have contacts.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber


Joined: Feb 28, 2008
Posts: 978
Posts per day: 0.28
Location: Clemmons NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

One thing that helps is to warm up the solution so its less of a shock on the eye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
Just have to get used to touching your eye. I'm almost 28 now and I've had contacts since I was 16. I had a lot of trouble at first. No real secret. It would take me forever to get them in now I can put them in without a mirror. If you want them, just get them. You'll get used to it. I'm pretty much blind without glasses or contacts so I prefer to have contacts.
my eye doc told me I cant just "get them" they have to make sure I can put them in my eye first. Which I would feel more comfortable if I could practice putting them in at my own home

00impala123 wrote:
had the same problem when I was 14..said screw it. I only need my glasses when I read so it doesnt bother me 2 much
Wish I could do that but im near sighted

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 10054
Posts per day: 2.6
Location: Reading, PA

2009 Toyota Tacoma


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

They usually have sample pairs that they can give you that are close to your prescription, if you haven't already I'd ask them if you can take a pair home to practice.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular


Joined: Nov 30, 2010
Posts: 205
Posts per day: 0.08


2004 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject:  Re: can't get contacts in -___- Reply with quote

americanmade92 wrote:
went to the eye doctor today tried to put contacts in my eye and can't get them in. I know about the common method of looking up and I even tried focusing on something else didn't work. I get them to my eye and the second it touches I blink (even though my holding my top lid) The fact that I have long eye lashes doesn't help either. This crap is pissing me off. Anybody on hear wear contacts and have some sort of "secret method" to put them in?


As others have said, its simply something that takes some getting used to. I think just about everyone who wears contacts went thru a similar experience at first. I've been wearing them for over 20 years and can put them in without a mirror with ease. The reflex of flinching when you are about to touch your eye is pretty normal, with time it goes away and before you know it you're not even thinking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
They usually have sample pairs that they can give you that are close to your prescription, if you haven't already I'd ask them if you can take a pair home to practice.
They told me I can't. because something about I could go home and get them in my eye and i might tear my cornea or something trying to get them out

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 10054
Posts per day: 2.6
Location: Reading, PA

2009 Toyota Tacoma


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Getting them out is the easy part lol. Although I did get one stuck on the side of my eyeball one time for about 5 minutes that was a little freaky.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident


Joined: Dec 13, 2007
Posts: 558
Posts per day: 0.15
Location: De

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i know my sister in-law went to get some her first time we went with her. she couldnít and the lady stepped out. then my sister was like screw it. and told her she got them in and out with some problem. they said ok and gave her the rest

_________________
Iím SO Much Cooler Online
"Racecar driving is like sex, all men think they are good at it. ď-Jay Leno

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Irish_alley wrote:
i know my sister in-law went to get some her first time we went with her. she couldnít and the lady stepped out. then my sister was like screw it. and told her she got them in and out with some problem. they said ok and gave her the rest
I tried that too and they said they have to watch me do it again (which I couldn't)

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
topgun
Resident
Resident


Joined: May 19, 2011
Posts: 639
Posts per day: 0.27
Location: Upstate N Y

2005 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject:  Contacts . . . Reply with quote

Have your girlfriend stand in front of you, put one contact on each of her nipples then dive in eyes wide open . . . Shocked Cool

_________________
Untamed . . . and don't try to change me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Posts: 2653
Posts per day: 0.93
Location: Chicago, IL

2000 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject:  Re: Contacts . . . Reply with quote

topgun wrote:
Have your girlfriend stand in front of you, put one contact on each of her nipples then dive in eyes wide open . . . Shocked Cool


^this

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator


Joined: Mar 08, 2004
Posts: 12756
Posts per day: 2.55
Location: Tullahoma, TN

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I will keep my glasses. Just the thought of putting in contacts ..... Barf

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Domo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular


Joined: Oct 14, 2008
Posts: 293
Posts per day: 0.09
Location: Maryland

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C


PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I Had that issue too when i first got them. no real secret.. just remind yourself that your not ACTUALLY touching your eye with your finger.. your contact is. just relax and take it slow and when ur about to blink, let the blink happen then try to stop yourself from blinking long enough to slip the contact in. When you finally have it on your eye, blink SLOWLY and with your eyes closed, pat down on your eye lids to make sure the contact is resting on your eye.

i know at home i have to have the water running to calm my nerves when i do it, but thats also a awesome way to lose your contacts down the drain if you drop them. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. Comments and posts are property of the poster. All other content is © 2008 by the NAIOA.


Use of this site constitutes agreement with the NAIOA Terms of Service (TOS)


PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Server Local Time: November 19, 2017, 7:57:40 am
Page Generation: 0.13 Seconds ( SQL 45:144 in 0.01 Seconds )