NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Sercurity relearn....where has it left you??
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Sercurity relearn....where has it left you??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject:  Sercurity relearn....where has it left you?? Reply with quote

Sitting at the gas station for almost 20 minutes waiting for my second relearn cycle(first try didnt work...) and i got to thinking of all places its left me stranded and how much it pisses me off if it doesnt relearn the key the first time....
gas stations,grocery stores, trying to leave a friends house and family reunions so everyone can laugh my car wont start.. you name it its done it.thx god i work at home...
Im saving up to get it fixed but i thought i would make this post to hear some stories of where the sercurity relearn has left you...? how many times in a row have you had to try to make it start.....my buddy happen to him 6 times in one day lmao. its like winning the lotto when the car actually starts lmao
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.59

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject:  Re: Sercurity relearn....where has it left you?? Reply with quote

grimsin wrote:
Sitting at the gas station for almost 20 minutes waiting for my second relearn cycle(first try didnt work...) and i got to thinking of all places its left me stranded and how much it pisses me off if it doesnt relearn the key the first time....
gas stations,grocery stores, trying to leave a friends house and family reunions so everyone can laugh my car wont start.. you name it its done it.thx god i work at home...
Im saving up to get it fixed but i thought i would make this post to hear some stories of where the sercurity relearn has left you...? how many times in a row have you had to try to make it start.....my buddy happen to him 6 times in one day lmao. its like winning the lotto when the car actually starts lmao

My car does it maybe once every other month. Usually at 5 am when I need to be on time for work. I've only had to do the relearn two times in a row once. I have no idea what the cause is but it never happened before I installed the GM Metra harness.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I know here anytime their is a mega temperature flex or a few moist days it doest like that at all, in the winter im good all winter but from spring to fall im stuck ALOT. my mechanic say its the ignition.
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.59

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

grimsin wrote:
I know here anytime their is a mega temperature flex or a few moist days it doest like that at all, in the winter im good all winter but from spring to fall im stuck ALOT. my mechanic say its the ignition.

I have a new ignition switch too. Just lazy about putting it in. I've had it happen in the winter, but I know what you mean about the temperature change making a difference. That sort of leads you to believe that it definitely has to do with the Passlock and the ignition.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

k im getting tired of this leaving me stuck lol but part stores around here want $200 for the ignition switch.
could anyone chime in if they think if this would work.thx.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Replace.....415dd542ce

EDIT: anyone think this would work?
http://old.kingbain.com/how-to.....ystem.html
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.81

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

First time it happened to me was just 3-4 months ago at a bp gas station. I pulled up, turned car off, filled up and when i went to start the car...i got nothing but a security light. I was scared and worried out my mind. I tried about 3-4 more times and nothing. So i sat there for about 5-10 minutes worrying what to do while i searched online on my cell and then tried the key ago and the car started. I still get the light once in a while but thats it just the light. Car starts fine.

Mods: 3.0 MPS | Gen V | N* TB | LQ4 MAF | 130# Springs | XP Cam | |Stage 3 Ported Heads| Roller Master Double Timing Set | CAI | PRJ Wires | AL104 | Speed Daddy Headers | EGR Delete | ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler | 42lb Injectors |
13.4 @ 106

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3183434
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The Ebay one should work. You have to remove the key cylinder from your old switch and put it in the new one. There's some small parts in it you don't want to lose.
jmakinen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

http://www.carcomplaints.com/C.....tart.shtml

Basically a bunch of other people with the same problem, post #8 is the most helpful, and has a DIY fix if you don't want to buy a new ignition switch. I've also read somewhere that by cleaning up the ground for the BCM it'll fix the problem. I'm thinking that by doing both, you can probably cut the problem out for at least a year or two, maybe more.

And Passlock has left me in many dumb places, none of which are really interesting, but mostly just annoying when you have to get somewhere quick, and the damn car won't start. Oh, and filling up the gas tank to full all the time, like in one of the posts in my link stated, does seem to help. And the problem seems to be the worst in damp conditions.
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hasn't done it to me in years but it did leave me in a weird situation once. Broke up with this girl and as I'm leaving to the car she's all crying and wanting me to stop and talk...standard break-up crap. So I get in and BOOM!...car don't start. So I sit there and try and play it off and have no choice but to talk for the next 15 minutes. Not sure where the conversation went but ended up gettin laid one last time. Also left me stranded outside a bar, and outside a store on a hot day with icecream in the trunk. It turned to mush by the time I got home.
sh8dybizness
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 1.14

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Every now and then it leaves me stuck at work, trying to find someone to talk to until it starts!

helldorado wrote:
I should be surprised at the lack of knowledge in this thread, but its NAIOA, so I'm not.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
If you drive stupid, you die stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: