NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account
 

  
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - plastidip....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

plastidip....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
billy101
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 1704
Posts per day: 0.65
Location: Willow Spring, NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject:  plastidip.... Reply with quote

I am now addicted to plastidip.....as you all know I was in an accident and had to get new bumper molding so I knew it wasn't going to match with the existing molding. I found a fix. Very Happy PLASTIDIP! I masked off all around the molding on the door and rear bumper and plastidipped it! It looks great and looks like it'll hold up. How does it hold up when you wash the car? I'm thinking of doing the plastic cowl thing right underneath the windshield wipers as that's faded too. This stuff is addicting! Oh, I also did my engine cover too! Pics tomorrow when I take the masking tape off of the doors in the sunlight!


thought i'd share! haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor


Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Posts: 6396
Posts per day: 1.95
Location: I love drawing butts on stuff.

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't know Billy. The Plasti-Dip has came out real light for me. Might look faded.

_________________

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billy101
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 1704
Posts per day: 0.65
Location: Willow Spring, NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
I don't know Billy. The Plasti-Dip has came out real light for me. Might look faded.


I did a couple coats on them all to ensure a nice thick coat and it doesnt look the least bit faded. I'll definitely get ya pics tomorrow after I wash her down. It looks pretty dark to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was thinking of using plasti-dip on my wheels, but im not sure on how it may look

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 10054
Posts per day: 2.6
Location: Reading, PA

2009 Toyota Tacoma


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

americanmade92 wrote:
I was thinking of using plasti-dip on my wheels, but im not sure on how it may look


Only one way to find out. Can always peel it off if you don't like it.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
americanmade92 wrote:
I was thinking of using plasti-dip on my wheels, but im not sure on how it may look


Only one way to find out. Can always peel it off if you don't like it.
I never knew that

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nkcracer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Apr 19, 2011
Posts: 42
Posts per day: 0.02



PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Very Happy

I did the same to the side and front molding on mine, after the grille and wheels to match the impala text. I cannot stop plasti-dipping things... It is seriously an addiction. Here's a pic. Sorry about the conditions, just walked outside my house and took the picture.

Lifes of the plasti-dip (just so far):
Wheels: about 5 months. Faded but still looks great. More factory if anything.
Grille: One month
Moldings: A week
"Impala" Text: 3-4 months



BTW, you want to peel the tape off like within a minute after you spray it or the plastidip will peel with the tape. I learned this the hard way. So sorry to say, but be prepared to re-do it, if I read that post right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor


Joined: May 19, 2007
Posts: 13731
Posts per day: 3.58
Location: Nashville, TN

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

nkcracer wrote:
I cannot stop plasti-dipping things... It is seriously an addiction.


Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Laughing

_________________
helldorado wrote:
GLWTGFY. Big Thumbs Up

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.


d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Dec 22, 2005
Posts: 3909
Posts per day: 0.9
Location: Dallas

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

looking forward to pics.

_________________
**Formally GrapeJelly05**
*I might disagree with your religion, your politics and/or your use (or slaughter) of the English language. But make no mistake, I would still fight beside you in defense of freedom.*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated


Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Posts: 432
Posts per day: 0.16


2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

can you plasti-dip something then paint over it?

_________________
WTF....lol
Never seen that before...are you using too much lube when you put it in?
HA..reread what i just said lol[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
billy101
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 1704
Posts per day: 0.65
Location: Willow Spring, NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I've gotta go out for my senior year pictures, but when I get back; before I have work I'll upload pictures for ya guys. It doesn't look faded at all. I washed my car today too, went easy around the trim and it still looks damn good.

To the guy about peeling off the tape too early, I masked off the entire car and sprayed the molding and let it set overnight so it had about 13 hours to cure. I did it at like 8:30 at night and took it off around 10am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 10054
Posts per day: 2.6
Location: Reading, PA

2009 Toyota Tacoma


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

americanmade92 wrote:
20SS07 wrote:
americanmade92 wrote:
I was thinking of using plasti-dip on my wheels, but im not sure on how it may look


Only one way to find out. Can always peel it off if you don't like it.
I never knew that


Yea that's the main appeal to plastidip.

As far as painting over it I dunno how that would turn out. You can get plastidip in other colors.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nkcracer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Apr 19, 2011
Posts: 42
Posts per day: 0.02



PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

billy101 wrote:
I've gotta go out for my senior year pictures, but when I get back; before I have work I'll upload pictures for ya guys. It doesn't look faded at all. I washed my car today too, went easy around the trim and it still looks damn good.

To the guy about peeling off the tape too early, I masked off the entire car and sprayed the molding and let it set overnight so it had about 13 hours to cure. I did it at like 8:30 at night and took it off around 10am.


Actually I mean you're supposed to peel it off before it dries. Like right after you spray it. I've never heard of anyone letting it cure first lol. Sounds like it worked good though!. You are a lucky or skilled man if it didn't peel off with the tape haha. Can't wait to see pics! Plastidip is magical!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billy101
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 1704
Posts per day: 0.65
Location: Willow Spring, NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Here y'all go.








Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor


Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Posts: 6396
Posts per day: 1.95
Location: I love drawing butts on stuff.

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series


PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I got the passenger side done tonight. I'll do the rest tomorrow. So far it's coming out well. Boy does this stuff stink. Laughing

_________________

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. Comments and posts are property of the poster. All other content is © 2008 by the NAIOA.


Use of this site constitutes agreement with the NAIOA Terms of Service (TOS)


PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Server Local Time: November 22, 2017, 10:30:54 am
Page Generation: 0.15 Seconds ( SQL 45:141 in 0.02 Seconds )