NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Hello from the Northwest
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Hello from the Northwest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJJA

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1994 Chevrolet Express

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject:  Hello from the Northwest Reply with quote

I stumbled upon this site when doing some research for my L67 swap, and decided to join!

I'm the original owner of my 2000 Impala LS, bought it new in Dec '99.

Since day one I wanted to supercharge the thing and I always said once the Imp gets around 120K mi and the tranny goes I would find a donor Buick or something and swap it all over. Sure enough, in 2008 at 121K mi trans goes south and the Impala got parked. A year later I picked up a low mile totaled 2004 SS Indy for a song. It took me about a year to completely dissasemble the SS and cut up the carcass for scrap. I kept everything that was salvageable and sold off some things I didn't need/want.

And just last weekend I completed swapping the L67/4T65e into my LS. Some other things I swapped over were the radiator, wheels/tires, guages, grille, radio (dang theftlock), and other misc switches that were worn out.

Only other mods I've done to the car are some Eibach springs, and an amp/speakers. Other than that it's pretty much stock. Smile

Don't have any new pics of the Impala yet, been too lazy after work this week to go out and take some but here are a couple from a few years back with her winter shoes on.

oh, and here's a couple of the 2004 SS Confused

2000 Impala LS
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.67

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I can't believe you chopped up that SS. That car just needed a little buffing. It woulda been fine! Very Happy

Would love to see current pictures of the LS, especially under the hood!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.66

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject:  Re: Hello from the Northwest Reply with quote

Damn, that donor car got smashed up good...

RJJA wrote:

And just last weekend I completed swapping the L67/4T65e into my LS.

Did you have the tranny rebuilt or did you just put the SS's tranny in your car?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.92

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome!

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome. Like overlord said, post some underhood pics. Very Happy

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
impala2k
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome! Love the Gold!

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1994 Chevrolet Express

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject:  Re: Hello from the Northwest Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
Damn, that donor car got smashed up good...

Did you have the tranny rebuilt or did you just put the SS's tranny in your car?

The story behind the SS is that it was in a shop up on a rack being serviced (the front end had some brand new bushings so I'm assuming that is what was being done to it) and a landslide took out the shop. The car was knocked off the rack and landed on top of a couple other cars, thus saving it from the mud. Shocked As you can see the car was completely totaled but it wasn't rolling on the road when it happened. I actually drove the car around a little (slowly) to make sure everything was working okay before dissasembling.

I gave the tranny a quick lookover and some fresh fluid & filter, but other than that I just dropped it in & hoped for the best. So far so good. It only has 74K mi so I should get a few years out of it. I've rebuilt transmissions before and I'll probably do this one when the time comes.

I'm workin on the pics, I realized yesterday how dirty the car is under the hood so I gotta wash it first Embarassed Maybe I'll get some up later tonight.

EDIT:

gave the old girl a quick wash & snapped some photos tonight...

and the new powerplant Twisted Evil

2000 Impala LS
hailster

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome and nice looking Impala!

WizAired CAI, Northstar Throttle Body, ZZP SS M90 with 3.6" pulley and SSIC, Ported LIM, ZZP Yella Terra 1.95 Roller Rockers, Comp Cams 105# valve springs, Lucas 38# Flowmatched injectors, Milzy Stage 2 heads milled .020, SLP Headers, SLP cat, GMPP cat back, Thrasher Shift Kit, Custom Tuned PCM, ZZP Poly Motor mounts, Solid lower motor mount, ZZP Poly tranny mount, F-Body Brakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: