NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2000 LS with many problems!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2000 LS with many problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammy

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject:  2000 LS with many problems! Reply with quote

I think it is my BCM going out but I would like some feedback on the problems if anybody has any cheaper solutions...

1. My DRL no longer come on, even in the bright of day my headlights come on and my "service vehicle soon" light comes on every time the headlights do.
2. My airbag light comes on and stays on.
3. The power locks don't work on the front or rear door on the driver side, even when i use my keyless entry(but work fine on the passenger side)
4. The power lock button on the driver door doesn't work. (works fine on passenger door)
5. After i turn my car off the radio usually stays on until I open my door, then it goes off, but now it just stays on... its like it is not detecting my door being open (but the passenger side door will shut it off as normal)
6. When first accelerating after cold crank it tends to just idle (while i am trying to accelerate with foot on gas) and then when it finally comes through it gives a big burst of acceleration, does this a few times then fine the rest of the drive.
7. Fuel gauge works when tank is full, but at about half way down it stops working and stays at the halfway point.

I am pretty sure it is the BCM going bad?!?!

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2000 LS with many problems! Reply with quote

sammy wrote:

5. After i turn my car off the radio usually stays on until I open my door, then it goes off, but now it just stays on... its like it is not detecting my door being open (but the passenger side door will shut it off as normal)

I dealt with a problem like this a while back. Does the dome light come on when you open the drivers door?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
sammy

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Fixed almost all of those problems i mentioned above by tightening the black box under the fuse panel on the driver side.

Only thing it didnt fix is the gas gauge and the headlight problems.
DonRome
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.29

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
2008 Pontiac G8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It sounds like the light sensor that controls the auto headlights is bad. It's mounted on top of the dash and isn't too hard to replace. As for the gas gauge evidently the fuel level sensor is going bad, but that's in the gas tank so you'll have to pull it to replace it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: