NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Factory radio, no sound.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Factory radio, no sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatFliWhiteGuy

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject:  Factory radio, no sound. Reply with quote

Like the subject says I have the factory radio in my 04 impala and one day the sound just went out. The display still lights up, changes song title when the song changes on the radio but theres still no sound. any suggestions?
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Do you still have the factory amp?
If so, it likely bit the dust. Bypass your factory amp and see if you get any sound... If you do, it is not going to hurt anything to leave it bypassed (I did).

http://impalahq.naioa.com/HowTo/Amp_bypass.html

If it works and you just want to leave it, you can buy a bypass harness that looks "prettier." However no one will ever see it in the trunk and I just left the jumper wires on mine. The radio sounds better without the amp anyway. Just unplug the power to it and bypass that sucker.

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71

Last edited by Arvetus on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThatFliWhiteGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yea its still in the back. It was crazy because It went out one day, and then came back on. Did that a few times and then finally went out, lol. But I'll try to bypass it and see if that works.
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup. That's what most of them do when they are failing, and then they just completely conk out....

I just realized you have a 2004.... I'm going to post this for you as you have a different amp than in the link I previously posted. Disregard my first reply and here you go:

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....856#424856
bbengineer wrote:
2002-2005 Don't follow the same amp wiring as the 2000-2001

You need to follow this pinout:
A9 -> C
A10 -> D
A11 -> E
A12 -> F

B9 -> K
B10 -> J
B11 -> H
B12 -> G

You can't connect the front tweeter at the amp unless you add a crossover

BBEngineer

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kundog

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I found that the failure of mine was due to a splice in the power (Orange) wires running from the fuse to the rear. I had power at the fuse and HU but not at the amp...took my Power Probe and applied power to the amp and it fired up and the tunes flowed once again. There is a splice in the system someplace near the B-pillar that get wet and corrodes creating the broken connection. (I forget where I read this) I have a simple bypass wire running for right now, until I pull the pass seat to repair the SRS module, which is covered in corrosion, I will tackle that splice as well. Love that nasty sticky tape!
Gems
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.22

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Arvetus wrote:
Do you still have the factory amp?
If so, it likely bit the dust. Bypass your factory amp and see if you get any sound... If you do, it is not going to hurt anything to leave it bypassed (I did).

http://impalahq.naioa.com/HowTo/Amp_bypass.html

If it works and you just want to leave it, you can buy a bypass harness that looks "prettier." However no one will ever see it in the trunk and I just left the jumper wires on mine. The radio sounds better without the amp anyway. Just unplug the power to it and bypass that sucker.

Hi... I know this is an old thread but I am trying to troubleshoot my Impala's radio to determine if it's the radio crapping out or the amp... The sound cuts in and out... I have a 2001 Impala LS... I want to temporarily bypass the factory amp... The instructions in your link are a little confusing... For example jumpering A1 to A9... A1 is subwoofer speaker return - RIGHT and A9 is speaker return - left rear... At least according to the pinout chart in the link... Is this correct?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: