NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 04 Impala new ignition, now it wont start. Please help.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

04 Impala new ignition, now it wont start. Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiDiNChEvY04

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject:  04 Impala new ignition, now it wont start. Please help. Reply with quote

Ok I just replaced my ignition lock and keys after my car left me stranded for some reason the key would not turn I'm guessing the tumblers went out. Well I spent the $155 for the part installed it everything went right back together fine. I read you have to reset the security system so it would take the new key which you try to start it leave the key in the ON position an leave it til the security light stops blinking usually takes about ten min. You do this three times for a total of 30 min an Im not getting anything. No cranking at all no noise except the fuel pump. I heard there may be a way to bypass the pass lock system with a resistor or something. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any responses.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.56

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You have to wait the full ten minutes on each cycle of that reset or it won't work. Give it another shot and make sure you turn the key 10 minutes apart. Also make sure you aren't opening and closing the door to do it, that can also mess it up.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
RiDiNChEvY04

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I got it running like ten minutes after I posted I just kept doing the cycle over an over and it finally went. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: