NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - control arms
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

control arms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wil

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject:  control arms Reply with quote

Hi,

Looking for feedback on front control arms for my stock 3.4 2003 Impala. The place I usually order from has Dorman control arms for about $37.00, Mevotech for about $58.00, and Raybestos for $72.00. Any feedback on these control arms would be appreciated. The prices are really good, especially the Dorman, but if the quality is not there, and/or there are alignment issues, it is not worth it.

Thanks

Wil
Bill58
Resident
Resident
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.2

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't know about control arms but I have Raybestos rotors and pads all 4 corners. Very happy with Raybestos, high quality parts.
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't know about the other two, but I'm prety sure anything with the Raybestos name on it, is now made in China.
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have the Mevotechs, and the ball joints wore out in about 30k miles. Rolling Eyes I think they might be built wrong also, but havent verified it yet. Rebuilt them with Moog front bushings and ball joints, and ZZP poly rear mounts. Muuuuch better now.

ZSPOT has OEM control arms for around $100 each for the base models, and honestly, the OEM parts will last muuuuuch longer than the cheap aftermarkets. But that all depends on how long you want to keep the car, pay more for the long run, or get something cheap if you're getting rid of the car soon.

In hindsight, I would have saved money by buying OEM arms back in 2008, my 130k mile ball joints were still stiff and working fine, but the front mounts were falling apart and knocking. I got the cheap arms, then wound up rebuilding them anyway lol.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: