NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - PS3 problem
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

PS3 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.44

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject:  PS3 problem Reply with quote

Tell me if this is weird. I bought my oldest son an older PS3 fatty with the card slots and the 4 usb jacks. It's backward compatible with PS2 games. These are reasons he wanted this type. My youngest son has autism and smashed our LCD TV a while ago so we don't currently have a TV with an HDMI jack. Since the PS3 is used it didn't come with any cables. New in box it would have come with an A/V cable with the yellow, red and white RCA plugs on one end, and the plug for the larger rectangular jack on the unit on the other end. I bought one of those on ebay. To switch to that output, I need to go to my inlaws with the unit and my HDMI cable just to see the screen, and change the output to the other jack. I did that but it didn't work. I think I did it before when I didn't have the cable and I did have the instruction book, which my olders son has lost.
What am I missing? ATM the only way he can play is on the inlaws' TV because I can't seem to get it out of HDMI.

montecarloracer
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When powering on, hold the power button down for 10 seconds until it beeps a second time. It'll reset all display settings and go back to 480i

- 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i- Aug. 2011- January 2012
- 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS- January 2012- Future
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.44

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You mean it will automatically select that output jack? The wierd wide rectangular jack, and not the HDMI jack? That'd be just what I want. So thank you for the info.
There's also the chance that the cable is defective. It's pretty chintzy looking.

BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

montecarloracer wrote:
When powering on, hold the power button down for 10 seconds until it beeps a second time. It'll reset all display settings and go back to 480i

THIS. just keep holding the button, the screen may flash and eventually boot on. Toy around with it. I have to do it a lot too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: