NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - car wont start doesnt make a sound then starts randomly
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

car wont start doesnt make a sound then starts randomly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riverheadracer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.12

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject:  car wont start doesnt make a sound then starts randomly Reply with quote

ok so the problem started first on monday we went to eat and sat in the car with it off when i went to start it... nothing no sound no clicking no nothing the power windows locks radio and everything worked but car was silent so i tried jumping it thinkin the battery and again nothing let it sit on jumper cables for 20 mins still nothing ... got furstated sat for 15 min then randomly tried again and it fired rite up no problem... then it didnt happen for 4 days again until today and again same thing tried multiple times and mulptiple things and nothing then wait and tried one last time and it fired rite up... its really frustrating... please help

stock 01 LS
R1 drilled slotted Rotors, ECB redstuff pads Painted calipers GHETTOFAB CAI lol and soon to be Ubend/resonator delete
chevykid24
Cadet
Cadet
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.03

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds like a Security issue to me. I'm having the same problem. Most guys have got new keys and cleaned the ignition lock cylinder and that has worked but for some it hasn't. Others have bypassed the lock cylinder and wired a resistor in to fool the Security system. Another way is to buy a new lock cylinder but its kind of pricey. There are a lot of threads about the Passlock system on here and ways to correct it just use the search feature.

I think I'm going to buy a new lock cylinder because I've tried the new key and cleaning the lock cylinder route but it hasn't worked for me. I still want to keep the security feature so that way my ride is less likey to get stolen. Hope that helps.

Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thanks for the input bro i need to look into that

stock 01 LS
R1 drilled slotted Rotors, ECB redstuff pads Painted calipers GHETTOFAB CAI lol and soon to be Ubend/resonator delete
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.63

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

chevykid24 wrote:
Another way is to buy a new lock cylinder but its kind of pricey.

They aren't that expensive. If you look around, you can find one for less than 100 bucks.

To the OP, did you get a security light when this happened?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
riverheadracer
Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

no i did not Iffy but my airbag light and my low coolant light have been going on and off the last couple of weeks and i checked coolant multiple times and its full of DEX im thinking dirty sensor on that

stock 01 LS
Baywing
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The low coolant light is likely a bad/dirty low coolant sender. My 2000LS had intermittant bouts with the airbag light, it was always a bad connection under the driver's seat. Moving the wiring harness around helped for years or weeks.
The no start thing was an issue for me as well, I found that I could remove the fuse for the BCM for about 30-60 seconds, replace it and the car would start just fine. I finally got tired of that game and went in thru the radio menu and turned the security system off. Never had that issue again. The alternative would be to replace the BCM, but that gets pricey and after having several BCMs fail during warranty, I decided if that was all that was wrong with the one I had, I would keep it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: