NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Got rear-ended today / Houston Police SUCK!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Got rear-ended today / Houston Police SUCK!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Snif ! Got rear-ended today / Houston Police SUCK! Reply with quote

Second accident with the Impala, 4 cars involved AGAIN! Laughing

Going to the grocery store this evening since my fridge is empty, was stopped and relaxing to some R&B Laughing , next thing I know I'm thrown out of my seat, head hits the seat, blacked out for a second then I look down and my car is headed for the car in front of me! Shocked Mad

I was livid, and in pain Sad Get out and check everybody else. A BMW rear-ended the Windstar in front of her, which then got pushed into my car, and my car pushed into the Camry in front of me. Shocked

Called 911, which transferred me to an answering machine giving me the number to HPD. Rolling Eyes Called and they finally sent a cop out there, just gave us some forms to fill out and left!!!! Shocked NO investigation, NO taking of information, NO determination of fault, NOOOOTHING!!!! Evil or Very Mad I told the cop that in Louisiana the cop takes the info and writes the report and everything, she's like no, we dont do that here. WTF???? Rolling Eyes

The Impala took the impact well, one dimple in the rear bumper and some scratches. Front bumper has some scratches too. My shifter is also broken now, the pushrod is broken and I couldnt get the key out until I removed the ignition lock cable. The LF window also jumped the track and wont close, I hate this!

Good thing I was relaxed, tensing up always makes things worse for your body. Very Happy Need to go see a doc and get some x-rays, I HOPE its nothing major, my dad was rear-ended in 2006 and wound up needing neck surgery. Confused

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spacewalker404
Resident
Resident
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Chevrolet S10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Interesting about the cop. When my fuel pump went out and left me stranded in the middle nowhere about an hour out of Dallas, not one officer ever stopped by to see whats wrong or if we were alright. Granted this was 11PM-4AM if it plays a factor. But I was told that in Texas authorities no longer have to stop for broken down vehicles. I guess if we abandoned it we would have received help? I dunno, I just it as weird.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice to see the southern hospitality. Rolling Eyes

When I had my accident, the cop asked me ALOT of questions. I was there for a while.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.16

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

glad your ok. but calling 911 and getting the answering machine?! what if it was a more serious situation.

MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

americanmade92 wrote:
glad your ok. but calling 911 and getting the answering machine?! what if it was a more serious situation.

I told the 911 guy I needed to report an accident, and instead of tranferring me to the police dispatcher, I got an answering machine with a number to call to reach the police. I guess unless somebody is injured, they dont care. Rolling Eyes

In LA and MS, anytime we've had accidents, the cops came and did the investigation and reporting.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HeMi
Guru
Guru

Posts per day: 1.1

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I wish the cops did stuff like that here. Unless it seriously disrupts traffic or someone is injured they never even show up, its our responsibility to go to the police station and fill out an accident report.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

HeMi wrote:
I wish the cops did stuff like that here. Unless it seriously disrupts traffic or someone is injured they never even show up, its our responsibility to go to the police station and fill out an accident report.

Is that why that one chick booked on your last accident? Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I used to live down in the houston area about 10 yrs ago. I remember them always saying if your in a wreck just take other peoples info and clear the roadway. Seemed like they are too busy and dont have enough officers to come out to accidents

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.52

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hopefully your ok. You'll probably be sore tomorrow. The idiot was probably texting Rolling Eyes
My friend got in an accident last week and felt of, next day was really sore and turned out the wiplash was bad and the other guy's insurance company has to pay lots of medical bills. And that was not a severe rear end. Hopefully you turn out better.
And cops here are there for every accident, or block or anything possible. And usually like 2-3 lol

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hope you don't have any problems and the impy gets covered. Cops here are on the scene like white on rice in the city/county. state sends a car if its highway, more if on interstate and severity pending. Even I had 2 cops, statey and a brownie at my wreck BEFORE i even got the chance to call... oh and my car was out of site in a hole. : )

Again, hope you're good to go after a sleep and not sore. Good luck!

20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.58

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I guess that's one good thing about not living in a city where I am, if you call to report an accident, a cop will be on scene pretty quickly.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just tell them a gun fell out of someones car during the accident, bet they would show up rather quick then.
Dazzle
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.41

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1988 Jaguar XJS
2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

98ss wrote:
Just tell them a gun fell out of someones car during the accident, bet they would show up rather quick then.

And then you would be pulling a Casey Anthony and reporting false information to police officers.

Smart.

helldorado wrote:
Don't look at me, I'm still allowed at Chuck-E-Cheese and on match.com.
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Dazzle wrote:
98ss wrote:

And then you would be pulling a Casey Anthony and reporting false information to police officers.

Smart.

UMM.... it worked for her. : )

ImpalaPrime
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2013 Hyundai Sonata

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

im suprised the cops did not come out it sounds like there was at least 3 moving violations of following too close. They nail everyone here for that except the guy at the front of the line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: