NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Climate Control defaults
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Climate Control defaults

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject:  Climate Control defaults Reply with quote

Interesting, and slightly annoying "feature" I've discovered in my 2004 Impala's Climate Control panel:

Having a remote starter is great for winter mornings and hot summer days as you can set the heat or a/c controls to make the interior comfortable when you get it.

But, I've noticed that if I set the a/c controls before I shut the car off, including setting the air souce to recirculate, when I shut the car off and restart it, either with the key or the remote start, the control resets it to outside air. There doesn't appear to be any way to defeat this, so I can only assume that someone doing the programming decided it was a good idea and whatever anyone else would prefer, well too bad....

I suppose I could be wrong and there's some way to change this, but I can't find it.
05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Food for thought.
I've wondered whether the recirculating button actually worked and wasn't just put there as a psychological doohickey?
As the blower seems to always be open to the outside air with no discernible flap ect to isolate it. Confused2
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.55

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

For the longest time, I didn't think it worked because it would never light up. Then I noticed it worked with just the nob turned to the head setting. Now it works head and feet, but I always leave it on head, so maybe it does shut off if you leave it on both. Try leaving it on the setting just for the head.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

05imp wrote:
Food for thought.
I've wondered whether the recirculating button actually worked and wasn't just put there as a psychological doohickey?
As the blower seems to always be open to the outside air with no discernible flap ect to isolate it. Confused2

It appears to work, but it won't retain the setting if you turn the car off..........rather stupid IMO, and just a bit annoying
plano-doug

Posts per day: 0.01

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject:  Re: Climate Control defaults Reply with quote

DennisW wrote:
Interesting, and slightly annoying "feature" I've discovered in my 2004 Impala's Climate Control panel:

Having a remote starter is great for winter mornings and hot summer days as you can set the heat or a/c controls to make the interior comfortable when you get it.

But, I've noticed that if I set the a/c controls before I shut the car off, including setting the air source to recirculate, when I shut the car off and restart it, either with the key or the remote start, the control resets it to outside air.

I think my 07SS is just the opposite.

When I get in and put the key in, it seems to default to recirc. On the hot summer days (here in north Texas) I'd prefer it to draw the 100 outside air into the evaporator rather than the 160 inside air Smile I think the car cools off faster that way. After a few minutes, I'll switch to recirc, but having it always default to that bugs me.

If it's always on recirc, in my experience, you start to get a sort of funky, stale air smell out of the system after a while.

BTW, who remembers when recirculate was "max air"?

Doug

Last edited by plano-doug on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject:  Re: Climate Control defaults Reply with quote

plano-doug wrote:
BTW, who remembers when recirculate was "max air"?

Doug

I'd do. Laughing It was that on the GPs (97-03) Mine's just a little button with a fancy logo.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
70_Malibu
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah mines the same way. I hate having to hit the recirculate button. Not only does the air get colder, it also keeps the stink out, too. Kind of necessary around where I live because I drive by farms and such a lot. P.U.

MAX AIR.... ROFLMAO I remember!

I think I had to slide a lever over to it in my old '79 Gutless.

BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.55

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i like manual recirc. The only time i use ac is when it's really hot. and if it's really hot outside it god awful inside my car. See plano_doug's comment.

billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.67

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Mine stays on whatever I have it set to whether I remote start it, or start it with the key. Mine's usually ALWAYS on recirc. because when I'm not in the car, it's usually always in the garage, where it doesn't get hot. I never put it on head and bottom because it takes FOREVER to switch to it...In order to get top and bottom I have to push it over to bottom only, and then quickly put it to top and bottom...weird, but it's been like that forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: