NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2011 Challenger R/T wheels
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2011 Challenger R/T wheels
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject:  2011 Challenger R/T wheels Reply with quote

Well, I have been searching for a year now on the local craigslist for rims and can't come up with anything. What do you think of these?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org.....89414.html
I just can't get over the fact that new wheels will cost less than this and both ways I'll have to get new tires. But new wheels will cost a ton to ship here and I can't find any I like that much anyway. I did the math on these and it looks like it's a 25.5mm offset, 7.5" wide wheel, so that's 4.75" backspacing and 2.75" sticking outward. That 2.75" sticking outward is equivalent to a 8.5" wide wheel with 38mm offset (common for these car's in 20" wheels)

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.64

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think they might stick out too far, but if your math is correct you might be OK. Unfortunately, even if you do get those you are gonna need to get new tires to go with them. The tires on those wheels are like an inch a half taller than what you need for an Imp.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Killr68
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you're going to spend that much money on anything, get what you want. Shipping on new wheels will run anywhere between 200 and 400. It might even be cheaper for you to check with a local shop. Whenever I have to get tires or have them rotated, I have the clerk check wheel prices for me. I've come to the conclusion that I'll need at least a grand for new wheels and tires, therefore they'll probably be one of the last things I get to. Sad
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Killr68 wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that I'll need at least a grand for new wheels and tires

I hate to break it to you, but if you are getting half way decent tires to go with the wheels you are looking at way more than a grant especially if you are buying locally. I looked into wheels and tires locally and for 17" wheels I was looking at about 1400 before taxes for anything decent. After careful shopping around I ended up getting a set for 1150 delivered from the Tirerack. The reason I ended up getting the wheels and tires was a set of 16" tires mounted and balanced on my Monte Carlo was going to cost me almost 800 bucks locally. Seemed like a no brainer to me to get new wheels for a few bucks more.

Barnett, if you are going to get wheels and tires your best bet is going to be ordering online and eating the shipping charges. Either way you are going to be paying a premium due to being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Dan wrote:

d
Killr68
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well yeah, local for me will be more expensive. Laughing It'd be about 1400, and online if been estimated 1200. Both are over a grand, and therefore out of my budget. I've been having trouble keeping up with the general maintenance. Rolling Eyes
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well I actually do kinda like these wheels, what I'm looking for is a clean 5 spoke, but I was wanting a lip. My math is correct, but the only problem with that is that a tire for a 245/35/20 doesn't stick out past the wheel much, whereas a 245/45/18, or even a 235/45/18 would. So, maybe it would stick out a little. There was a place I found that has free shipping, even to here. But, I can't find the exact wheels I want. I think I might be being too picky tho. I'm sure a lot that I've looked at would look good. Got any suggestions for a 18 or 19 that's good looking, with a lip?

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

shipping is usually only $100-150 for a set, why not just save up your pennies and find a wheel you like and pay the shipping?

FWD or high offset wheels with a lip tend to be more expensive.

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
shipping is usually only $100-150 for a set, why not just save up your pennies and find a wheel you like and pay the shipping?

FWD or high offset wheels with a lip tend to be more expensive.

To Hawaii?? And the main problem is I can't find a wheel I like...

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's probably closer to 300 to get to Hawaii... even with that figured in you are still going to be close to what you'd pay if you sourced wheels and tires locally. Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct has decent wheel and tire combos available starting around 1200 bucks before shipping. Go and get some quotes for 18" tires locally. You are in for a rude awakening if you haven't sourced them yet. When I was toying with getting 18s locally I about crapped my pants when they told me they wanted almost 2 grand for wheels and tires...

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
It's probably closer to 300 to get to Hawaii... even with that figured in you are still going to be close to what you'd pay if you sourced wheels and tires locally. Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct has decent wheel and tire combos available starting around 1200 bucks before shipping. Go and get some quotes for 18" tires locally. You are in for a rude awakening if you haven't sourced them yet. When I was toying with getting 18s locally I about crapped my pants when they told me they wanted almost 2 grand for wheels and tires...

Holy S#@% 2K?? I was so close to finally finding the one's I wanted but they ended up being 32mm offset on an 8.5" wide wheels. SO CLOSE!! Another 3-5mm and it'd fit! You think rolling the fenders would make that work? I'd assume not, since nightrider said he has 40mm? I think on an 8.5" wide wheel and he had to roll the fenders so it wouldn't rub. I REALLY LIKE THESE WHEELS THO

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:

Holy S#@% 2K??

Sadly, yes. Around here a decent set of wheels runs around 800 bucks new, 245/45/18 tires are about 200 bucks a piece, add mounting and balancing (50 bucks), tire disposal fees (10 bucks), lug nuts (50 bucks), an alignment and then the 10% sales tax you end up around 2 grand. Even a set of 17" wheels and tires would have cost me about 1600 locally vs 1150 shipped for my KV5s and tires.

barnettimpala wrote:
You think rolling the fenders would make that work? I'd assume not, since nightrider said he has 40mm? I think on an 8.5" wide wheel and he had to roll the fenders so it wouldn't rub. I REALLY LIKE THESE WHEELS THO

I wouldn't know. I stuck with stuff that was guaranteed to fit without any rubbing/fender rolling issues.

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm getting very frustrated that I can't find anything. Tirerack doesn't have crap, all the other sites I've found thru google either don't have anything, or like most, all the wheels they list that fit the imp are 5x114.3 and don't let you choose not by car.

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It took me three years to find something that was still in production when I ordered something I like. You haven't been looking for more than a few months, relax, you'll find something.

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
It took me three years to find something that was still in production when I ordered something I like. You haven't been looking for more than a few months, relax, you'll find something.

I've been looking hard for about 6 months but I've been looking in general since before I moved to Hawaii, that was 2009. I know eventually I'll find something, but I really don't wanna waste money on new tires for the old hub-cap'd wheels Confused

j_weezy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.13

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2011 Challenger R/T wheels Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:
Well, I have been searching for a year now on the local craigslist for rims and can't come up with anything. What do you think of these?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org.....89414.html
I just can't get over the fact that new wheels will cost less than this and both ways I'll have to get new tires. But new wheels will cost a ton to ship here and I can't find any I like that much anyway. I did the math on these and it looks like it's a 25.5mm offset, 7.5" wide wheel, so that's 4.75" backspacing and 2.75" sticking outward. That 2.75" sticking outward is equivalent to a 8.5" wide wheel with 38mm offset (common for these car's in 20" wheels)

if my math is right(which is terrible)wouldent that dodge rim be tucked a little further in compared to a 20 inch with a 38mm offset?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: