NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Changes to the Interior
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Changes to the Interior

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:  Changes to the Interior Reply with quote

I'm looking for ways to change up the interior. I figure, that's what I see all the time so that would be a good place to start working on. Anybody got any ideaas? So far I have a double din and floor mats. I'm working on putting leather in the door panel inserts below the wood grain. I'm looking to make it more luxury, so let your imaginations flow!! Oh, and I like the woodgrain.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Painting the interior trim is becoming a little more popular these days.

Since you have a column shifter, you could change that over to a floor shifter.

Aside from that, I don't know anything that isn't going to be a lot of time and/or money invested.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You could get one of the PFYC wheel skins like Chibiblacksheep got.

I'll be getting one for the Monte once I get the misfire figured out.

I'd also consider upgrading your interior 194 bulbs to LEDs to get a soft white glow in the car as opposed to the yellow filament color you get from the stock bulbs. I did the Monte a few years back and love it so much that I'll be doing the Intrigue in the near future.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Buckets and console is an option, but can't find any available here. That wheel skin looks great! That is for sure on the list now. I've been thinking about the led's. Did you get yours from superbrightleds? I found a ton on ebay that I think I'd rather get than $3.50 each. Also, I want pure soft white, not any blue. Post a pic of yours Iffy.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I got mine from V-Leds, but i can't find the ones I bought (it's been almost 3+ years, so I'm sure they have changed suppliers/products). Unfortunately, my camera sucks at capturing images of my LED upgrades. However, an old user got some great pictures of his white LEDs if you can get past the blue LEDs in the footwells.

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;CID=750

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
I got mine from V-Leds, but i can't find the ones I bought (it's been almost 3+ years, so I'm sure they have changed suppliers/products). Unfortunately, my camera sucks at capturing images of my LED upgrades. However, an old user got some great pictures of his white LEDs if you can get past the blue LEDs in the footwells.

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;CID=750

Seems to be pure white. I like it. How much did those run you? And which ones/closest to what you have that they offer now did you get? I don't want it to be way too bright

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it being too bright by any means, it's certainly brighter than the filament bulbs from the factory, but it's by no means obnoxious. Mine ran about 5 bucks a bulb, appears like they have a lower price point now, but they are out of stock on the closest thing to what I bought.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior.....sTabAnchor

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I can't bring myself to pay that much for each bulb. There's a total of 9 bulbs to replace. Maybe I'll try my luck with ebay first. Any other ideas? I've got gray letherette and trying to think of projects I can do with that. Again, I'd like to do some sort of luxury/vip style

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Trust me, they are worth every penny. I've only had one crap out on me (and that's the blue one I put in the shifter indicator light) so I'm in no rush to replace it. Keep in mind if you cheap out on the LEDs you might end up with super directional bulbs that just suck. The V-leds I linked are down-firing and do a good job in the housings in our cars.

Also, V-leds tends to have sales on a frequent basis. I usually get an email for 20% off or something like that every 6 weeks or so. Next time I get one I'll PM you the code for the discount.

Dan wrote:

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
Trust me, they are worth every penny. I've only had one crap out on me (and that's the blue one I put in the shifter indicator light) so I'm in no rush to replace it. Keep in mind if you cheap out on the LEDs you might end up with super directional bulbs that just suck. The V-leds I linked are down-firing and do a good job in the housings in our cars.

Also, V-leds tends to have sales on a frequent basis. I usually get an email for 20% off or something like that every 6 weeks or so. Next time I get one I'll PM you the code for the discount.

Alright thanks. B/c shipping will suck for me too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: