NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2005 impala antenna module
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2005 impala antenna module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matajaem

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject:  2005 impala antenna module Reply with quote

just bought 2005 impala ,love car,hate radio reception. i read on here to check antenna module but when i removed rear panel as instructed all i see is cable connection and a wire plug.no module. any help would be great,maybe i'm looking in the wrong area? thanks
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2005 impala antenna module Reply with quote

matajaem wrote:
just bought 2005 impala ,love car,hate radio reception. i read on here to check antenna module but when i removed rear panel as instructed all i see is cable connection and a wire plug.no module. any help would be great,maybe i'm looking in the wrong area? thanks

Yep, appears some of 'em came with that kind of module. The actual "module" is at the plug on the top driver's side connection to the window.

My 2005 9C1 Impala came with the same thing. Basically the rear window antenna sucks for reception unless you're in an area thats reasonably close to the stations' transmitters. If you're out in the sticks its pretty bad.

Window tint can affect it also. Most tint film today is metallic, and that makes the window antenna suck even worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: