NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Ignition D1493F ignition/ security relearn questions
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Ignition D1493F ignition/ security relearn questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew7997
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject:  Ignition D1493F ignition/ security relearn questions Reply with quote

HELLO NAIOA!,
Iíve done a few hours of research alone on this website as itís so wonderful!
I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu(base) with the 3.1. My Theft Protection light comes on then the car won't start, shuts off while driving, and blah blah blah.
So I have purchased a new AC Delco part# D1493F.
All dealers and installers mention that they will have to program the unit. It's my understanding that the 2000-2005 Impala's use the same part. So I can only assume that the same instructions for programming these things are the same. Since I have a 2005 Impala LS, I can also only assume that I will need to do the same thing to it in the future.
So a few questions:
1. If I dissect the original key cylinder wouldn't I just be able to key the new cylinder using the four various "pins" into each of the 10 (9 is only used) proper slots? ($50 at the dealership)
2. Everybody is speaking of this Security Relearn procedure. Is this the same procedure that the dealer is trying to charge me $100 to do? Is this also the same procedure that is http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....amp;pid=15
3. Would the steps be the same for the 2005 Impala LS as the 2003 Malibu base model?

I'm looking to do this on the SUPER inexpensive (Who isn't these days). I was torn to put this in the anything goes or the 2005 Impala thread.
Thank you for any and all direction!

Drew Westfall
drew7997
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Perhaps I should rephrase my statement above.
If I have a 2005 Impala LS with the 3.8 and using the AC Delco part# D1493F.
Do I just dissect the original key cylinder, configure the new cylinder to match the old cylinder, install the new cylinder, then follow the steps of http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....amp;pid=15 to allow my key to start my vehicle?

There, that should make it pretty straight forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: