NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - p0132 and p0300 - barely drives - need help fast
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

p0132 and p0300 - barely drives - need help fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NUTSgoWEEE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject:  p0132 and p0300 - barely drives - need help fast Reply with quote

hey guys,
could really use some help... i left work today and drove down the road to get gas - filled up with 91 at sonoco and everything was running fine. As soon as I started it up and it idled a bit it was very very rough, i sat there and let it idle while getting my obd2 reader.

I checked the fuel trim bank 1 and bank 2 and the readings were given in percent. Bank 1 fuel trim was -26% and Bank 2 was 99% Does that make any sense?? Which one is bank 1 and bank 2? It was also giving p0300 (multiple/random cylinder misfire)

The whole car was shaking but I pulled out of the gas station and was barely able to get up to speed... the engine was really struggling... then around 20-30mph it seemed to smooth out. While I was driving I checked the fuel system status (which is normally closed loop - using 02 sensor for fuel mix) and it read: open loop due to system failure.

After getting home I checked the fuel rail pressure - it's right at 50psi before starting the engine and while it's running but after the engine is off it drops down fairly quickly - is that normal or is there a leak in the fuel system?

After checking the fuel pressure I'm now getting p0132 (O2 sensor circuit high voltage) Could the o2 sensor have gone bad? That quickly like that?

After it sat a while, starting it again was very difficult - took about 10 seconds holding the starter before it sputtered and finally started... it's been having trouble starting for about a year but not this bad. I changed the FPR last summer but that made no difference.

I'm not sure where to start with this one - I'll probably change the upstream o2 sensor first. Really need to fix this because it's basically un-driveable at the moment... would really appreciate any answers

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It almost sounds like the egr valve could be stuck open. But it also sounds like you have a bad 02 sensor.
NUTSgoWEEE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What about the fuel rail pressure drop after turning off the engine? Is that normal?

Is there a way to test the o2 sensor? It has 4 pins on the connector - is there a way to test it before dropping $70-80 on a new one?

edit: so now i'm thinking fuel injector leak causing it to run too rich (which i've read can throw p0132) and misfire (but would it be multiple/random misfires?) and also leak down after the system is shut off. Possibly could even be the cause of the rough starting shortly after the engine's been run by flooding the chamber. But if it's only one injector in one cylinder wouldn't I see codes for that?

I'll try and pull the fuel rail tonight and pressurize the system and see if any of them leak. If not maybe i'll try testing the o2 sensor...

anyone have any thoughts????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: