NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - HELP. Servrice Vehicle Soon light on
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

HELP. Servrice Vehicle Soon light on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffjwhite
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject:  HELP. Servrice Vehicle Soon light on Reply with quote

Ok, well here I am having a problem. I just changed the water pump in my 02 impala and I noticed that when I started the car to check for leaks and to bleed the system, I noticed that my Message center was saying service vehicle soon. Now I have never had this light pop up at all in the 4 years I have had this car. I always get the Check engine light to come on. I threw my computer on the car and it didnt come up with any codes not even pending. Any ideas. I was thinking of just un hooking the battery for an hour to see if this helps, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have leaving out of town tomorrow and would like to get this solved by then. Thanks

~ I don't need to know where I'm goin', I just need to know where I've been.~
billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.65

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject:  Re: HELP. Servrice Vehicle Soon light on Reply with quote

ffjwhite wrote:
Ok, well here I am having a problem. I just changed the water pump in my 02 impala and I noticed that when I started the car to check for leaks and to bleed the system, I noticed that my Message center was saying service vehicle soon. Now I have never had this light pop up at all in the 4 years I have had this car. I always get the Check engine light to come on. I threw my computer on the car and it didnt come up with any codes not even pending. Any ideas. I was thinking of just un hooking the battery for an hour to see if this helps, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have leaving out of town tomorrow and would like to get this solved by then. Thanks

Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) light is something in the BCM. You can't read BCM codes with a regular code scanner. Unhook the battery for awhile and see if it comes back, if it does you'll have to find someone that can read BCM codes.
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

this thread is about the same thing Rolling Eyes minus water pump:
http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;t=44267

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: