Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 am Post subject: A/C Inoperative, 2000 Impala 9C1
So, after swapping my 3800 engine out (with one that didn't have a rod knock), I discover that my A/C isn't working. Worked fine ever since a recharge about a month ago.. I don't know if the engine swap was a contributing factor or not. Here's what I have so far:
- A/C compressor does not turn on when requested
- A/C compressor works when jumping pins 30 and 87 at the A/C comp relay (bottom fuse block, underhood). Low pressure line gets cold, high gets hot when doing this.
- All fuses and relays tested OK
- A/C request signal is +12V at the A/C controls.
- A/C refrigerant pressure sensor seems to be working.. observed a +5.9V ref signal and +1.2V output (red/blk) signal when comp is off, +2.2V output when comp is jumped (normal range, right?).
- Intake air temp is normal, TPS reads correctly (confirmed with scan tool).
-Replaced the BCM about a month ago - pretty sure that isn't the problem. Also left the battery disconnected for ~10mins and the A/C didn't magically work again, so I'm thinking the BCM is fine.
I'm thinking there's something funky going on between either the BCM and PCM or PCM and bottom fuse block. Any ideas? Could I be missing something? Also, if anyone has a pinout of the PCM or BCM and could tell me which wires are involved with the A/C, that would be awesome.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum