NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - replacing struts
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

replacing struts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k6ng6r00
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.43

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject:  replacing struts Reply with quote

Im taking out my struts to put in the new agx's/springs, i have the wheel off and the bottom nuts off the strut but i cant get the bolts to back out?? is there a trick to it ? they arent threaded are they?

MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The bolts that hold the strut to the knuckle?

BFH for teh win! (big effin hammer Laughing )

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
k6ng6r00
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lol i took out the 5 lb hammer and gave them a few whacks... gonna save the rears for tomorow im too tired to be climbing into my trunk and whatnot tonight.. i was afraid i was going to mushroom out the end of the bolt so much the nut wouldnt go on there.. i was beating the daylights out of it with the small hammer lol

fastrunner08
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

if you closely at them they have a bit of metal before the actual threading. The who purpose of that metal is so if it does mushroom you can cut or file that part down and still get the nut on with out damaging the threading.

k6ng6r00
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i had to take off the rear brakes to get the suckers out... anyone know the torque spec for the rear brake calipers?
here she is:

now i need some new brakes... looking into some z06 s**t Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: