NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Mechanic destroyed Engine...need Opinions & Expertise
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Mechanic destroyed Engine...need Opinions & Expertise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gizle22

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject:  Mechanic destroyed Engine...need Opinions & Expertise Reply with quote

Mechanic destroyed My Engine...need Opinions & Expertise to get compensated i stopped at a local mechanic to have my car looked at because i thought my radiator was leaking the guy told me that it wasnt the radiator but a ring that nedded replaced he said it would take about a hour so i told him to goahead...when i returned for my car he asked me if i could come back in the moring the next day i come to get my car and the guy says he couldnt find the problem but now there is a little smoke he started the car and a cloud of smoke covered the car and coolant was leaking around the tail pipe the guy tells me sorry and sends me on my way i take it to another place just to find out the problem was a leaking radiator but now the head gaskets are blown is there any way i can get these guys.....HELP
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Tell him that you want the issue fixed and resolved. If not a new engine. If he gives you s**t tell him that you will take him to small claims court. (worked for me before). If its a reputable dealer and a guy that cares about his business he will most likely take care of the issue.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.32

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If coolant came from your exhaust, you should have never moved it from the garage's property.

If he said "sorry" and tried to send you on your way, I'm sure he has little concern for the opinion you carry away from his business. I would speak to the owner first and small claims second.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
04DetroitLS
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

also call the state

His dog ran away and didn't come back for a few hours on the first fire up too. It was awesome.

When babies cry and animals flee, you know you did something right Laughing

Signature truncated by system. Maximum of 6 lines allowed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VIKING
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

GO BACK WITH A BASEBALL BAT. It worked for a friend of mine with a Jepp dealership. He just carried it in and acted really pised off. Actually I would try the civil route first.

Today is the oldest you have ever been, yet the youngest you will ever be.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't want to stir the pot... but how exactly did the mechanic wreck the engine? I can't imagine he opened up the engine and cut up the head gasket...

It could have been a case of bad luck on both of your parts... I mean I've had my car in for repairs and had other parts break right after getting it back.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Why did you think the radiator was leaking?

Did the engine overheat?

Sudden loss of coolant, or driving around with low or no coolant will almost always result in blown head gaskets. By the second shops finding, you OBVIOUSLY had a leaking radiator, and since you didnt notice it in time, you overheated the engine and blew the headgaskets.

The first shop may not have noticed the leak, or there could have been another leak that they fixed, BUT the damage was already done before they touched it.

Good luck fixing your car on your own, sorry but you dont have a case against the shop.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
VIKING
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Quote:
Good luck fixing your car on your own, sorry but you dont have a case against the shop

The outcome might be the same with my scenario also, I have to say though the shop did not handle the situation corrcetly either. The mechanic said that all that needed replacing was a "ring" + he said when it would be ready. He gave no reason why he had to keep it longer..so something was going on on the mechanics end...I think the mechanic botched the job. He should have been forth comming with what he supected when gizzle22 came at the agreed completion time. I have worked with the public in one form or another since I was 14. I learned early ..tell the truth to the customer, sure sometimes you have to tell a little lie..as long as everyone is happy it's ok. The mechanic should go to his upervissor and explain or if he is his own boss he should have told Gizzle22 "...this is what I thought was wrong, this is what happened" " it would have needed these gaskets anyway" "what I will do is you pay for the parts and the labor is free/ or split the labor" . If Gizzle22 did not get any paperwork , especially when he picked up the car, yes he may be out of luck...if he paid the first shop with a credit card he can do a disputed transaction with his CC company. Stop payment on the check ...etc Till the shop agrees to fix it right.... It's always good to look under the hood... just about every other gas fill up I check everything...well actually today I checked my spare...had 2 lbs of air...the last time I checked ...2003 when I bought the car.

Today is the oldest you have ever been, yet the youngest you will ever be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: