NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - facebook
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

facebook

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedMonteSS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.32

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject:  facebook Reply with quote

OK, I know it's kinda cheesy and all, but I realized today that NAIOA does not have a facebook page. I almost made one, but then I thought maybe it's more appropriate if a mod or owner operates it. Just a suggestion

-----------------------
327whp 369 ft-lbs@4500rpm
13.026sec@109.03mph
Dazzle
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.42

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1988 Jaguar XJS
2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Reason behind not having one is its pointless. Everything will be on here anyways, so its just more work.

helldorado wrote:
Don't look at me, I'm still allowed at Chuck-E-Cheese and on match.com.
tiltrotor22
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.13

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject:  Maybe Reply with quote

Dazzle wrote:
Reason behind not having one is its pointless. Everything will be on here anyways, so its just more work.

Pointless you say!! Not really. Think of how many users are on Facebook, and think of how many users on there own an Impala. Most of which dont know this site exists. Through Facebook the member base could grow. There are alot of reasons to open a simple Facebook page. Its not like it would hurt anything, but I dont think its pointless. Everyone knows about Facebook, not alot of people know about forums.
Even if the page is simple, I think it can bring in new members.
helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.55

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

This has been discussed ad naseum before.

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....442#478442

Site owners don't want one, nor do they want anybody creating one on their behalf. Things don't end well for the person who does it if they decide to be an assclown about it and do it anyway.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have 4 or 5 NAIOA facebook pages set up and locked.

The owners and mods dont have the time to patrol FB and here. Plus like said above, if someone there asks a question and its answered, how would people here benefit from it if they dont use FB?

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.66

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject:  Re: Maybe Reply with quote

tiltrotor22 wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

Pointless you say!! Not really. Think of how many users are on Facebook, and think of how many users on there own an Impala. Most of which dont know this site exists. Through Facebook the member base could grow. There are alot of reasons to open a simple Facebook page. Its not like it would hurt anything, but I dont think its pointless. Everyone knows about Facebook, not alot of people know about forums.
Even if the page is simple, I think it can bring in new members.

I feel the same way, there are tons of people on facebook with impalas I'm pretty sure and I feel like this site could grow tremendously if a Facebook page was created.

@PBSS - I think it should only be created as a way to bring people to this site..not to answer questions on it.
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.65

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If they don't know the site exists what would make them do a search for NAIOA on facebook? Anyone wanting to find an Impala forum will get this site in the first couple results when searching "Impala forum." Not sure why every time this comes up people just can't take no for an answer. Besides, there are general Impala pages on facebook where one could suggest people come visit this site.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tiltrotor22
Dedicated
Dedicated

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject:  Exactly Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
I have 4 or 5 NAIOA facebook pages set up and locked.

The owners and mods dont have the time to patrol FB and here. Plus like said above, if someone there asks a question and its answered, how would people here benefit from it if they dont use FB?

I honestly dont care either way if there was a FB page for NAIOA. But I think its a good idea to have a simple page with a link to this forum. Comments can be disabled, and just have a link posted.
Its not like it would be there to answer questions, but I bet it would bring in new members who dont know this place exists.

helldorado wrote:

Site owners don't want one, nor do they want anybody creating one on their behalf. Things don't end well for the person who does it if they decide to be an assclown about it and do it anyway.

I said I agreed, not that I would ever even do it. Are you threatening me?
Whats your deal?
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.65

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

How do you get anything resembling a threat out of that? He's implying the admins would take action against anyone who makes a page after they have been told numerous times not to(i.e. getting banned).

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The only way this would be beneficial is if comments were disabled and it was only used for advertising.

tiltrotor22
Dedicated
Dedicated

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject:  Yea Reply with quote

BlackVenom wrote:
The only way this would be beneficial is if comments were disabled and it was only used for advertising.

Thats exactly what I was saying.

20SS07 wrote:
How do you get anything resembling a threat out of that? He's implying the admins would take action against anyone who makes a page after they have been told numerous times not to(i.e. getting banned).

Im playing, like I would take anything on this thread seriously. Anywho, what stop someone from opening one at will anyway? How exactly would the Admins on this site know who did it?
Anyway, I only like the idea of a FB page as an advert anyway. But if it didnt happen, I certainly wouldnt lose any sleep over it.

By the way, I just Plasti-dipped the bowties. I think they look great.
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Facebook is full of idiots. The last thing NAIOA needs is more idiots.

If they can't locate NAIOA by using google or otherwise, they're probably the same douches who are on cardomain posting "where you get dem wheals man? that ryde is tite as hell". Why would you want to attract that kind of person here?

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.55

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject:  Re: Exactly Reply with quote

tiltrotor22 wrote:
helldorado wrote:

I said I agreed, not that I would ever even do it. Are you threatening me?
Whats your deal?

Do you not read well? Where did I even directly address you in my statement? Just because I posted after you doesn't mean I directed any comment towards you and what kind of issues do you have to even infer any of that as a threat? People have been banned in the past for going against the direct requests of the admins to not create a page. That's not a threat, that's a statement of fact.

I posted a thread where this same topic with the exact same arguments has come up in the past and showed PBSS's response 2 years ago. That's not threatening you. Stop being a sensitive little crybaby. Clearly you didn't bother to read and comprehend it.

And if you want to know how they would know if a site was created by somebody else? The moment they got wind of a NAIOA FB page, the admins could report the page to FB and mark it as infringement of intellectual property. That gets any unauthorized pages shut down.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject:  Re: Yea Reply with quote

tiltrotor22 wrote:
Anywho, what stop someone from opening one at will anyway? How exactly would the Admins on this site know who did it?

legal action usually stops them, and we always find out who does it. The last time one started, it was all of 15 minutes before it was shut down and we knew exactly who started it.

There shouldnt be any argument or explanation needed. Myself and BBE talked it over and decided not to have one. We have our reasons and thats all that needs to be said.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: