NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Fuel line disconnect/line size
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Fuel line disconnect/line size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject:  Fuel line disconnect/line size Reply with quote

I may have found my fuel economy problem. The fuel line to fuel rail disconnect on the rear of the motor (firewall side) could be leaking when hitting bumps. If the fitting is wiggled, fuel will squirt out of it. Hitting bumps could do the same thing. My cousin had the same problem on his bonnie. I can just get the elbow, but I need to know the size of the fitting and plastic line. Anyone else have this issue?
SatImpala
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I had the same issue when I had my Impala. Dealership only offers the fitting attached to the entire hard fuel line for $108. I got this from Dorman...http://www.dormanproducts.com/.....id=7944823 and saved $100.

Hope that helps!

nightryder
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.8

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The metal lines are 3/8" supply and 5/16" return. I'm not sure of the plastic section because they are shrink fitted around the metal lines.

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was able to get a replacement end 3/8. 9 bucks and 10 minutes later, problem solved.

Good stuff on the dorman part. I ended up using a chrylser style instead of the quick clip lock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: