NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - iPhone Interfaces
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

iPhone Interfaces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Screwball
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.97

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject:  iPhone Interfaces Reply with quote

Just wanted to see if anyone has been using an interface (wired in, not FM transmitters) with good results with the Verizon iPhone 4...

I've been going back and forth with USASpec for about a month with all the problems with my interface, and it is going to end up with me ripping it out of the car in very short order. It stopped working, so I sent it in for repair (they updated the software), but now it is giving me more headaches than it did before. At least prior to sending it in, it just would not play... instead of playing for 30-45 seconds and then stopping.

Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't use an iphone "interface", but just an aux interface and I just use the 1/8 out on the iphone and feed that in to the HU.
I had a PIE in the Impala and I have a PAC in the Tahoe.

All depends on what you need. In the Tahoe, I already have RSE and XM, so I needed an interface that slaved off of one of those. The PIE didn't do it, but it works great if you only have one of the two Smile

Are you looking for an interface to be able to control your ipod/iphone from the HU? Is your HU an OEM or aftermarket?

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Screwball
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.97

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Stock radio, no XM, and no CD changer.

I had great experience with previous USASpec units (had to upgrade to this new one when I got my iPhone), but they put so much garbage into it that screws everything up. If I had a newer car that could support Folder mode, it may work out (like when you connect to the newer Malibu via USB, you get the old school iPod lists that you can scroll through). I don't use Playlists, so no need for that mode. With the current one, they really screwed up how you get to Direct mode (opposed to starting in that mode), which is how I control majority of my music (either get into an album or shuffle all songs, then skip with the steering wheel controls).

I checked with PAC about their ISGM73. I asked specifically if their interface would have any issues with my current iPhone (iOS 4.2.8), and they pretty much said as long as there isn't any hardware issues (external devices), it will work. If it was similar to how the USASpec used to work, with the single “Device is not optimized” message when I plug in the iPhone, I’m ok with it (that message is currently popping up every minute, and cutting the music out). It doesn't seem to have all that stuff that I don't use with the USASpec, so hopefully it will work. Just have to pull the radio out, as well as tap into power/ground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: