NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - DIC installed but still got a problem.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

DIC installed but still got a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject:  DIC installed but still got a problem. Reply with quote

so i managed to installed the DIC on my 05 impala base i got me the display from my work and i got a harness from a different vehicle i printed out a diagram from http://www.bbengineer.com/cars/impala/dic.htm it was very helpful and thanks to them i got it done. i separated the wires that plugs to the DIC and ran it all the way to the rear pillar i unplug the wires from the lights around the vehicle and plugged it into the same plug from the DIC so i got two wire and they unite at the end of the plug.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

there is a problem the reading of the compass is wrong its the complete opposite of what its supposed to be when im going south it says north or when i go west it says east. any ideas on what the problem may be?
gdoggy
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Make sure the zone is set right and do a calibration. If that doesn't work, try to take the DIC back off and make sure the circuit board for the compass is in right.

See the bottom of THIS PAGE to perform the zone setup.
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i tried to do that but its still giving me a bad reading im going to bring it back down this weekend and take a look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: