NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Police wheels.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Police wheels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mykillmo

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject:  Police wheels. Reply with quote

So I've been looking for some police wheels for my impala. Does anybody know if these are the same thing. http://www.discounttiredirect......vid=007686
I know they aren't the 9C1 wheels. But I'm just wondering if they might be the same thing and possibly fit the same center cap.
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No, those are not the same thing.

Look on ebay or www.car-part.com and call some of your local junkyards, you should be able to get true 9C1 wheels for maybe $50 each.

The 9C1 HD steel wheels are thicker and stronger than the stock steel wheels, fyi.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you're just looking to get wheels like that with the center cap, buy a set of center caps and drill and tap some holes in a stock, base steel wheel for the center caps.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Mykillmo

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I own a 2004 SS Indy. I don't need the HD wheels. Just going for that look. When I got the car it came with 20s on it. I was just hoping these wheels would be the equivalent to the stock wheels so I could drill and tap them fir the center caps.
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ya like I said I'd just check cr and junkyards. Tirerack is $56 per wheel brand new so that gives you a baseline

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

fwiw, HD option is N99, STD is QB5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: