NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - First Impala System - Here's the plan.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

First Impala System - Here's the plan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MONSONwarrior

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject:  First Impala System - Here's the plan. Reply with quote

My roommate is going to buy an 01 Impala this week for around 3500 and wants me to put a system in it. I currently drive a Trailblazer with the following equipment

Clarion NX501
Eclipse SC6500
Massive Audio NX2
(2) Fi BTL N2 12's
Crescendo BC5500
4 runs of Knu KCA 1/0
250a alt
(2) XS D3100's

So I know what I'm doing when it comes to audio. Now enough about my system, here's the equipment list for his, it's a low budget build.

JVC KD-S37
Pioneer Premier Comps
Knu 4 awg
Audiopipe 1500d
Custom TC Sounds TC-7 12

and the plan is to build a false wall in the trunk so when you open it you don't see any subs or anything, then fold down the seats and have the sub and port loading off the false wall. What are your guys' thoughts on this?
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's an interesting idea and I like it. FWIW, my 10" bass tube was louder when the port was facing away from the cab. Not sure how a false wall will effect the bass.

MONSONwarrior

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BlackVenom wrote:
It's an interesting idea and I like it. FWIW, my 10" bass tube was louder when the port was facing away from the cab. Not sure how a false wall will effect the bass.

the false wall will act like the trunk lid, it'll just be moved up the vehicle a foot or two. that's what's called loading is when you point the sub and/or port at some sort of wall and use that to reflect sound off of.
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have a false wall. I also point the subs into the car. I get a tighter bass (3 10's) that way. Keeps the sound in the car. I would, and still might change the sub's. I have 8's where the 6x9's go and 4.5 mid's and tweets where the factory amp goes. I would change to a single 12 and six 8's.
My false wall is 1/2 inch ply with fiberglass resin on both sides. Trunk doesn't rattle. Its gapped about on inch away from the box for extra wires to go up and through and then filled with poly fill.
MONSONwarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

davidhoutz wrote:
I have a false wall. I also point the subs into the car. I get a tighter bass (3 10's) that way. Keeps the sound in the car. I would, and still might change the sub's. I have 8's where the 6x9's go and 4.5 mid's and tweets where the factory amp goes. I would change to a single 12 and six 8's.
My false wall is 1/2 inch ply with fiberglass resin on both sides. Trunk doesn't rattle. Its gapped about on inch away from the box for extra wires to go up and through and then filled with poly fill.

this will be ported and the false wall will most likely be 3/4 inch MDF. the box will be 2.75 cubes tuned to 31hz. This TC likes big, low tuned boxes.
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If its ported I would fire it up towards the factory amp hole. Will keep from hearing the woosh of air as its hits solid surfaces. And soak the mdf in resin to help stiffin it up.
MONSONwarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

davidhoutz wrote:
If its ported I would fire it up towards the factory amp hole. Will keep from hearing the woosh of air as its hits solid surfaces. And soak the mdf in resin to help stiffin it up.

I've never heard a "woosh" of air from any of my set ups, they've all had port back, some even sub and port back.
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

once all said and done, post a picture of this false wall that you are talking about. would like it see it.

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
MONSONwarrior

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

gg05impala wrote:
once all said and done, post a picture of this false wall that you are talking about. would like it see it.

I'll do a build log up on here when we start. He should be picking up the car Thursday, then we gotta do speakers and run wire. He gets paid Friday then we'll order his integration harness and dash kit. The false wall will be the last thing we do because neither of us has much time with work and other obligations.
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MONSONwarrior wrote:
gg05impala wrote:

I'll do a build log up on here when we start. He should be picking up the car Thursday, then we gotta do speakers and run wire. He gets paid Friday then we'll order his integration harness and dash kit. The false wall will be the last thing we do because neither of us has much time with work and other obligations.

Ok. Keep us posted.

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: