NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - De-programming a Key Fob
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

De-programming a Key Fob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_maniac
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1984 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject:  De-programming a Key Fob Reply with quote

OK, so my wife has a '05 Impala that has one factory key fob. I added an aftermarket remotestart/keyless entry system that comes with two fobs (making having the factory keyless entry fob like a third wheel).

The Impala fob matches my Monte. I would like to de-program the Impala fob and re-program it to the Monte. I tried going into the programming mod on the radio and NOT programming a fob, no luck. I tried removing the battery from the Impala fob for a minute, no luck either. I tried programming the fob for the Impala to the Monte and then I got a fob that controlled two car simultaneously (that's no good).

I'm running out of ideas and this is a topic I cannot find in any search.

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!!
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.63

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It controls two cars? Thats pretty damn funny!

Its tough since now both receivers know that remote's coding. There might be a chance that if you drive farther away from the Impala and program all of the remotes to the Monte at once, it may deprogram it for the Impala.

If all else fails, remove the left A-pillar cover from the Impala, lift up the long plastic molding at the dash under the windshield, and right in front of the cluster is the keyless receiver which you can unplug. Smile

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fastrunner08
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.16

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

actually this is quite an easy fix, go into the impala key fob as if you were going to program one to it and then follow the instructions to program a fob, but then when it comes to the part where you hit the two keys on the fob for the learn. simply turn the radio on. Reasoning is when you go to do a new fob, it should erase the memory. And since the car computer is what learns the key fob. If you erase it like that it won't work on that car.

The_maniac
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

1984 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MISHNAH wrote:

Its tough since now both receivers know that remote's coding.

Getting the Impala fob to no longer control the Monte is easy, go into the Monte's fob programming and ONLY program one fob. I'm still left with, how do I unprogram the Impala fob from the Impala...

fastrunner08 wrote:
actually this is quite an easy fix, go into the impala key fob as if you were going to program one to it and then follow the instructions to program a fob, but then when it comes to the part where you hit the two keys on the fob for the learn. simply turn the radio on.

No go. That doesn't work, nor does simply exiting the programming menu and not programming a fob. Based on my programming knowledge, it would appear GM designed it that if no fob attempts to program, do not make any changes. It's almost as if I need a third fob that is nothing but a tool to program with but never actually use (but again, negates the idea of not having a fob programmed to the car, that and I don't want to buy an additional fob for this).

I tried to initiate programming the same fob twice on the Impala, in hopes that the first time enters it to the system and by initiating it again (like it was a second fob) it might de-program, but it will not attempt to do anything with re-transmitting the same fob signal.

I would almost think there should be a way to delete all programmed fobs (in the event you only had one and lost it).... But I can't find anything yet...
fastrunner08
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.16

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thats intresting, cause it has alway done that on mine, i have accendently deleted all the stored fobs that way a few times now, and had to reprogram them all again

Specter
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:

Or just take the battery out. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Try programming both key fobs for the Monte starting with the original one first. That should create a new frequency for it. If not, your only other option is to find a friend with a TechII and manually learn a key fob. That will erase any learned key fobs once it goes into program mode.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

1984 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ZSPOT wrote:
Try programming both key fobs for the Monte starting with the original one first. That should create a new frequency for it. If not, your only other option is to find a friend with a TechII and manually learn a key fob. That will erase any learned key fobs once it goes into program mode.

The problem is not getting the Monte to learn the new fob. I had both fobs linked to the Monte a couple of days ago. My issue is since I only have one factory fob for the Impala (that I want to transfer to the Monte), after the Monte was "learned" to the original fob and the Impala fob, the Impala fob was now controlling both cars. Sad
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The_maniac wrote:
ZSPOT wrote:

The problem is not getting the Monte to learn the new fob. I had both fobs linked to the Monte a couple of days ago. My issue is since I only have one factory fob for the Impala (that I want to transfer to the Monte), after the Monte was "learned" to the original fob and the Impala fob, the Impala fob was now controlling both cars. Sad

Right,... but starting over with both keys fobs for the Monte should use a different frequency than b4, and wont work on the Impala. I would also do this in a parking lot a few blocks away from the Impala. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: