NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Impala didnt want to go to work today, awesome!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Impala didnt want to go to work today, awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.64

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject:  Impala didnt want to go to work today, awesome! Reply with quote

Went this morning and jumped in the car to go to work, turned the key and nothing! Mad Tried a few more times, no signs of starting. I wound up walking 6 blocks to an Enterprise downtown and picked up a Mazda 3 rental Laughing

It did this once back in 2007, then again on Easter this year, then today. If I wait a little while it'll start just fine, at least the previous times, I didnt try it again yet today.

Might need to clean the ignition switch, its got plenty of use on it. Also have 2 working sets of BCMs and PCMs, so I might just swap those in, or keep them in the trunk, I can swap both out in about 20 minutes. Laughing

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Killr68
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.09

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject:  Re: Impala didnt want to go to work today, awesome! Reply with quote

MISHNAH wrote:
Also have 2 working sets of BCMs and PCMs, so I might just swap those in, or keep them in the trunk, I can swap both out in about 20 minutes. Laughing

Could you send me a set? Laughing Does it try to start or just nothing when you turn the key?
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject:  Re: Impala didnt want to go to work today, awesome! Reply with quote

Fixed! I tried it with a different key and it did nothing, tried the old key and it started on the third try. Kinda wish it wouldnt have started so I could have checked all the wiring. Laughing

I removed the ignition switch and cleaned the contacts on the back, hopefully this does the trick in the future.

Killr68 wrote:
MISHNAH wrote:
Also have 2 working sets of BCMs and PCMs, so I might just swap those in, or keep them in the trunk, I can swap both out in about 20 minutes. Laughing

Could you send me a set? Laughing Does it try to start or just nothing when you turn the key?

Dont really want to sell them, one is the original set, and the other is from a 2003 base with keyless, it works fine just never programmed a radio to it to check the keyless operation.

Why do you need new ones? I might part with one set, or I can find you a used set in the junkyards.

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Killr68
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.09

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

All I know is periodically, my car will just not start. I can leave it alone for about an hour and it'll start first try. I'm having an issue with it stalling as well, so I'm hoping its just the CPS. But as for the BCM and PCM, it sounds like a spare set would come in handy. I thought they had to be programmed to the car, or is it just to the PCM?
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Killr68 wrote:
All I know is periodically, my car will just not start. I can leave it alone for about an hour and it'll start first try. I'm having an issue with it stalling as well, so I'm hoping its just the CPS. But as for the BCM and PCM, it sounds like a spare set would come in handy. I thought they had to be programmed to the car, or is it just to the PCM?

The PCM, BCM, and radio are programmed to each other and must match. I believe the keyless module also has to match the BCM.

As long as you replace the PCM, BCM and keyless module as a matched set, then do the security relearn, your car should run fine. Then you have to go to a dealer to reprogram the radio (unless you buy the matched radio) and possibly have to do a CASE learn.

A matched set of used modules and radio would run close to $200 or so, about $60 is due to core charges which would be refunded if your old ones were returned. But if yours work, I'd keep them on hand just in case!

If you'd be interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do, but it may take a while to find the right car that matches your engine and options.

ImpalaPrime
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2013 Hyundai Sonata

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

when u try to start it does it turn over? if it does then try putting the keypower on for 5-or 10 min then start it. this will let the fuel pump build up a bit of pressure.
ZeeVert
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If the car won't crank and you get a flashing Security light or Battery light, it may be the PassLock system. It may reset after 10 minutes. The no-start starts randomly, and gets worse with time.

ZeeVert
02 Impala LS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: