NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Ignition switch? BCM? key? Passlock? i need help please
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Ignition switch? BCM? key? Passlock? i need help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject:  Ignition switch? BCM? key? Passlock? i need help please Reply with quote

How is everyone, i own a 2005 impala and im having major issues with it. i never had a problem related to it but the other day i went to my buddies house and as i was getting ready to leave i stuck the key in the ignition and it wouldnt even turn! i tried to wiggle it but it just would do it, so i tried another key and still nothing, its been there ever since wed. so yesterday we changed the ignition switch and i put one from a 1998 malibu at work it told me it was going to work we changed the complete switch with cylinder and housing and it did turn but it did not do anything at all when i tried to start it. when i try to start it wont crank so i kept thinking it was the ignition switch so i got another witch from a 99 malibu and it did not work either im having the same issue that i had with the first replacement. i have not idea what it is could it be the bcm the passlock system the ignition switch i have no clue so any input will help i dont know what else itll be. thanks
fastrunner08
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

when you change the IS, you need to do a security relearn in order to have the car start again. I'm not sure on the exact details of how to do it, but im sure you can just search security relearn on this site and you will find the instructions. Once you do that and the BCM learns the new resistance of the IS. It should work. I think it takes about 30 min to complete.

esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i appreciate your input as im lost with this thing i thought i had it under control but i guess i dont lol i wonder if that same switch that got locked could be rebuilt? so i could use my same key. that would be perfect.
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.54

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;start=3

Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;start=3

That should solve your problem, btw is that stickyed anywhere pitchblack? I'm thinking if it was it might help.

esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I tried tio do what I read from the link provided thanks btw I did but im still having the same problems for some reason I try, to, do, the, relearn process and the first 10 min the security light will blink twice and then disappear so I follow the process as im told and the security light comes back on but this time it stays solid then the battery light comes on but when the 10 mins come up the security light stays going from battery to security, I finish the relearn procedure and nothing what else could it be
fastrunner08
Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

and it won't start at all? the next thing i would recommend trying to do is wiht a pair of needle nose pliars pull the bcm fuse, and then while turning the key and trying to start the car put hte fuse in at the same time. see if it starts then. Last year my bcm went bad, and i couldn't start my car at all. try the security relearn, put a new ignistion switch on the car, nothing, wound up having to start the car by that trick, until i finally got the bcm replaced.

esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did you have to program your bcm?
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You can't....Dealer only
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I finally got my car running I was doing the relearn process wrong big dummy me thanks to everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: