NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2001 impala random misfires HELP!!!!!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2001 impala random misfires HELP!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOVEACHEVY

Posts per day: 0

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Snif ! 2001 impala random misfires HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

hi fellow impala owners, got a 2001 3.4 with random misfires at different speeds mostly high 60-75. replaced coils plugs wires fuel filter and pump. no engine light. my code reader sees nothing. anyone have this problem or any ideas. bad sensors or computer maybe? thanks any help much appreciated.
Juggalo
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.18

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Hyundai Sonata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My 05 3.4 was having misfire troubles as well. I did the same thing you did, replaced coil packs, wires and plugs. On top of that I did the Ignition control module and the injector on the misfiring cylinder, which in my case was cylinder 6. Couple months later it started again, I said f**k this I'm getting rid of it.

The last day that it did it, I was getting it ready for the trade in. Cleaning/Vacuuming/etc. I disconnected the battery while I cleaned it out and waited for the two truck. When I reconnected the battery, it ran great. Cancelled the two and I got rid of it anyway, let someone else deal with that pos.

Maybe this will help.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Juggalo wrote:
My 05 3.4 was having misfire troubles as well. I did the same thing you did, replaced coil packs, wires and plugs. On top of that I did the Ignition control module and the injector on the misfiring cylinder, which in my case was cylinder 6. Couple months later it started again, I said f**k this I'm getting rid of it.

The last day that it did it, I was getting it ready for the trade in. Cleaning/Vacuuming/etc. I disconnected the battery while I cleaned it out and waited for the two truck. When I reconnected the battery, it ran great. Cancelled the two and I got rid of it anyway, let someone else deal with that pos.

Maybe this will help.

Getting rid of it cures the problem? Very Happy

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.26

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I got the random misfire code when my cat died.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: