NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Seat swap 06 into 00-05
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Seat swap 06 into 00-05
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumdude
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.51

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject:  Seat swap 06 into 00-05 Reply with quote

Well I found a shop that has some 2006 seats. My seats are pretty worn out and blue and ugly so I was considering upgrading. Has anyone done this swap? Is it straightforward or is there any custom fabrication needed to install these in my 05? Trying to find out this information before I go ahead and get them.

SuperCharged 9c1 | Tuned | SD Headers
Next time you get pulled over and you know you have illegal tint Follow these instructions: Tie a string around your power window fuse, and after you roll down your drivers window yank the fuse, which will render your windows inoperable. They can't test the film if the meter can't fit over it.
impalassv8

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well it depends on your current seat setup along with the new setup. Are they both bench type seating? Or Buckets? To answer the question, it shouldnt be hard to do the swap overall. Not too sure on the drilling specs but dont be surprised if you have to do any kind of drilling into the floor for a proper fit as the floor pans maybe a little different...

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bucket to bucket fits without problem

Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Be sure your current front seats don't contain an air bag. If you replace it with a 06+ seat none of your air bags will work.

Sold the Impala! Bought a 03 Vue 5 speed stick, then bought a 95 vert! Engine Swapping! (Again!) L67!
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Tim wrote:
Be sure your current front seats don't contain an air bag. If you replace it with a 06+ seat none of your air bags will work.

Not true, the front aitbags will still work

Dedicated
Dedicated

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:
Tim wrote:

Not true, the front aitbags will still work

I always thought that if there was a fault detected in any of the airbags the whole system would disable itsself? Does it even cause the air bag light to come on if it's missing the seat containing the air bag?

Sold the Impala! Bought a 03 Vue 5 speed stick, then bought a 95 vert! Engine Swapping! (Again!) L67!
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It causes the light to appear (I swapped in indy seats for my ls seat that had the airbag) but I did a lot of researching on here and called my buddy that works at a dealership.

Since that airbag is a secondary safety feature and not a primary one, it doesn't (or shouldn't) interfere with the primary airbags

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looking to install the seats around the end of this month.

Also does anyone have any wiring diagrams that may be helpful when installing these?

Next time you get pulled over and you know you have illegal tint Follow these instructions: Tie a string around your power window fuse, and after you roll down your drivers window yank the fuse, which will render your windows inoperable. They can't test the film if the meter can't fit over it.
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

NICE!

as far as wiring..if they are powered there is just 1 connection underneath the seats

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.54

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Those look real good. I wish I could do that swap. Good luck to myself finding those seats tho lol. Let us know how it all fits and pics!

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Inferno03LS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.43

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac Escalade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i want those seats minus the SS on the headrest. How much it run you?

only thing you might has to mess with is the back seats

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:
NICE!

as far as wiring..if they are powered there is just 1 connection underneath the seats

Ok thanks. They are powered. hoping the install will go smooth

barnettimpala wrote:
Those look real good. I wish I could do that swap. Good luck to myself finding those seats tho lol. Let us know how it all fits and pics!

Thanks and will do.

Inferno03LS wrote:
i want those seats minus the SS on the headrest. How much it run you?

only thing you might has to mess with is the back seats

I thought I wouldnt like the SS in the headrest but It actually looks neat in person. I got the whole set for $370. I figured that the backseat would the PITA but time will tell lol

SilverStar
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Please keep this updated. I've been waiting to find a cheap black set like yours to swap in my 00. It frustrates me that ours didn't come in black. I understand we can swap out other GM seats as well, though.

Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have those seats in my 03. The front seats interchange with no problem other than you have to wire them up(if I remember correctly the wire colors are the same just different connectors). Also the seat heaters wont work unless you wire in special switches just for the heaters. Reason being the 06+ has the switches in the dash and the 00-05 had the switches on the seat. Now the rear seats are a pain in the a--. Especially the lower cushion. You'll have to do some modifying to the rear floor pan to make them fit. The part where the hinge goes to allow the seat to flip up is the main problem. The best thing to do is get that beam that the hinges go into from a scrap car, remove the one from your car, and weld the new one in. Wish I had done that.
sumdude
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

351man wrote:
I have those seats in my 03. The front seats interchange with no problem other than you have to wire them up(if I remember correctly the wire colors are the same just different connectors). Also the seat heaters wont work unless you wire in special switches just for the heaters. Reason being the 06+ has the switches in the dash and the 00-05 had the switches on the seat. Now the rear seats are a pain in the a--. Especially the lower cushion. You'll have to do some modifying to the rear floor pan to make them fit. The part where the hinge goes to allow the seat to flip up is the main problem. The best thing to do is get that beam that the hinges go into from a scrap car, remove the one from your car, and weld the new one in. Wish I had done that.

Thank you very much for the tips.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Interior & Exterior MODs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: