NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My 9C1 got me today!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My 9C1 got me today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject:  My 9C1 got me today! Reply with quote

Got in my '04 9C1 today to run some errands. When I went to turn on the radio, I noticed the clock display was black. Interesting, because the radio worked fine. I also noticed the shifter indicator in the cluster was black. Hmmmmm...

Checking further, no DRL's, but all the exterior lights worked fine if I pulled the headlight switch manually. It was too sunny to see for sure if the dash lights worked but it didn't look like it.

Ok, time to check some fuses. I pulled the covers on both sides of the dash, checked anything that looked like it related to cluster lights, all good. I opened the hood and looked in the two boxes there, and while I was looking at the DRL fuse, the light bulb came on over my head.

Back inside the car, the "Surv Mode" switch was pushed in. I must have bumped it or something. Suddenly all the lights worked just fine.

D'oh!!!!!
DefEddie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't feel bad.
Your actually just normal.
We get people in the shop from time to time with stuff like that.

Complaint=Interior lights do not turn off
Repair=Turn interior light switch off

Complaint=Accelerator pedal stuck
Repair=Remove Aftermarket heavy rubber floormat from bottom of pedal

Complaint=Windows inop from all switches except driver master.
Repair= Turn off window lock switch

Complaint=Trailer lights inop
Repair=Plug in trailer

These are just some common stuff that I run across,could think of some more.
I will admit to overlooking the simple a couple times and actually diaging some of this stuff before I found the bovious.
The dome light has kicked my butt once,never again though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: