NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - cabin filter
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

cabin filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject:  cabin filter Reply with quote

while i was working on the car today i decided to put in a new cabin air filter that i had bought a few weeks ago.
Man the old one was filthy! i assume that its never been changed by the look of it

heres the difference with the new one (much cleaner lol)

Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.09

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Probably hasn't. If Jiffy Lube knew a way to make it easy to change, believe me, they would be advertising that like crazy. Laughing I need to change mine, too. If nothing else, it at least keeps some water that makes it past the diverter from hitting the fan.

2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. K&N Air filter. Can't do much else on a hybrid.

Totaled 9/19/2016 - 2004 Impala SS, Performance Car - ZZP ECM 1.0, 3.4" Pulley, K&N Cold Air Intake, TOG Headers, Random Technology Hi-Flow Cat, SLP Power-Flo Cat-Back Exhaust, Autolite 104s, PRJ Performance Ignition wires, GMPP Handling Kit
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i bet jiffy lube would be all over that too if the werent raking in the dough from all those overpriced oil changes Laughing

Dedicated
Dedicated

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

OnlyGodCanJudgeMe wrote:
i bet jiffy lube would be all over that too if the werent raking in the dough from all those overpriced oil changes Laughing

I didn't mind going to Jiffy Lube, but it was the sales tactics that always bothered me. I can go to to other shops and tell them I want an oil change. Unless I ask them to look for something else, they'll just change the oil.

Totaled 9/19/2016 - 2004 Impala SS, Performance Car - ZZP ECM 1.0, 3.4" Pulley, K&N Cold Air Intake, TOG Headers, Random Technology Hi-Flow Cat, SLP Power-Flo Cat-Back Exhaust, Autolite 104s, PRJ Performance Ignition wires, GMPP Handling Kit
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

last time i went to a jiffy lube they tried to charge me $60 for an oil change when the price on the wall was clearly $29.95 i think they just try to hustle you out of money whenever they can lol. i change my own oil these days and get more satisfaction from doing it myself. some of those oil change places are great but i only go if i dont have the time to do it myself

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Deezul_AwT wrote:
Probably hasn't. If Jiffy Lube knew a way to make it easy to change, believe me, they would be advertising that like crazy. Laughing I need to change mine, too. If nothing else, it at least keeps some water that makes it past the diverter from hitting the fan.

Is Jiffy Lube that bad? It's like a five minute job. Laughing I have heard the horror stories though. I've never went too them myself.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Deezul_AwT
Dedicated
Dedicated

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
Deezul_AwT wrote:

Is Jiffy Lube that bad? It's like a five minute job. Laughing I have heard the horror stories though. I've never went too them myself.

Yes, they are that bad. They will bring your your air filter to show you how "dirty" it is, then take you out to your car and give you the hard sell on all the fluids they are willing to replace. If you wipers look a little bit dirty, they'll try to sell you on replacing them. Got a bulb out? They'll sell you one for twice the price of the Car parts store to replace it. I've had better luck with oil changes at shops going to ones that don't specialize in them. You ask for an oil change, they'll just change the oil.

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.56

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject:  Re: cabin filter Reply with quote

OnlyGodCanJudgeMe wrote:

Man the old one was filthy! i assume that its never been changed by the look of it

Honestly, that doesn't look too bad. Mine usually looks like that after about 18 months of use.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
impalafirst
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2014 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I seen a couple of Mobil 1 Lube Express oil change places around. Anyone used them before if in your area?
scott37300

Posts per day: 0.01

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I stopped going to any oil change places. I used to go to the quick lube type places but had some bad experiences. Started going to dealership and had even worse experineces! My woman's 09 malibu we always took to the dealership, one time we start to drive away and the check engine light was on so we turned around and had to wait an hour for them to tell us the o2 sensor was bad, the car only had something like 20,000 miles and a year and a half old. Was way to much of a coincidence to just happen to go out right after an oil change. The next oil change I did it myself and the o2 sensor is right under the oil filter, they obviously spilled or hit the o2 sensor but instead of just saying sorry and fixing it they said there was no way they could have done it and replaced it under warranty.

I went out and bought a new set of rhino ramps from advance auto, after the discount code they are only 30 bucks to replace my old red ramps I hadn't used in forever because I just took the cars to dealership since they were pretty cheap.. Now I buy good oil when it's on sale and stock up. Get my wix filters(napa gold) from fleetfilter.com for about 3 bucks a peice.

Plus all those shops use bulk oil, the cheapest stuff they can buy. I can find decent oil on sale from different places for around 2 bucks a quart. So my oil changes cost about 14 bucks and I know it's getting done right. Won't have to worry about some one cranking down the drain bolt and stripping the threads.
buzzstpoint
Dedicated
Dedicated

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1995 Chevrolet Silverado
2000 Saturn L-Series

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

There's a Quaker state quick lube here in town.

Pulled the car in Told them I wanted just the standard oil change. I poke my head out the waiting room and say can you tape up that harness under the car..

Some of you know the older Imps, harness under the car that the tape unravels and hangs down.

I told him there's some tape in the cup holder. he said sure we can do that for you.
The 19.99 oil change special turned into a little of 70 dollars.. I told him that isn't right. He tried to explain to me that its was 20 for the oil change and 50 for the "wire repair"
After a 5 minute argument and 3 other people walking in then back out. I walked away only paying the 20 dollar oil change...

couple days later I was under the car and well they did exactly like I said.. Literary like I said. "tape it up" He took my tape and taped it to the oil pan. Not wrapping the wire loom closed. .. Oh he also kept my black tape......

I rarely take my car into any shop. This was one of those times, where I just didn't have any time to do ti.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: