NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - new guy from south-central PA with couple questions here
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

new guy from south-central PA with couple questions here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
06ImpalaPOPO
Troll

Posts per day: 0.01

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Question new guy from south-central PA with couple questions here Reply with quote

Greetings Laughing I just purchased a pretty decent 2006 retired NYC popo Impala 3.9 and have some questions. 1) How in the hell does one remove the front seats??? I have a brand new pair of Chevy truck seats that I want to "test fit" and also put some carpet and after some detailing...I jacked up the car but low and behold the nuts to the 8 studs holding the front bucket seats to the floor seem to be NON-ACCESSIBLE! Asking for some advice here before I get the die grinder out! One way or another these seats are coming out! The drivers side has a huge chunk missing from a left-handed shooter and these seats I have would be super cool if they would be OK as far as mounting height, position, etc...they came out of a brand new 2005 Chevy Kodiak 4500. The cool thing is they are the same exact color vinyl (dark gray) as the rear vomit seat material and would be a cool match to the back seat not to mention they are super cool-looking high back all heavy duty vinyl seats that have nice side support, especially up by the headrest area. Shocked What do I have to do...use a hole saw to make access holes to the nuts??? Never saw anything like this in my life... My other problem is the trunk wont open and for some insane reason this car has no rear mechanical lock to work with. Rolling Eyes The control button is apparently OK as I can see and hear the relay operating in the passenger side kick panel...other then that the only info I have found thus far is a suggestion to have one person push and beat the trunk deck lid while another person keeps pushing the release button by the headlight dimmer...pretty weak if ya ask me... Looks like the yahoo who sold me the car made an attempt to get into the trunk via removing the rear bench but he obviously had no clue...all he did was succeed in bending the left and right seat back...I guess he did not have the sense to unbolt it... I will be doing allot of mods to this car over the coming months but right now I am in the "detail stage". I ordered a new set of 235-60x16 Falcons from Discount Tire Direct to replace the worn (little smaller size) P-6's...was thinking on retaining the cool popo hub caps but was wandering if there are decent factory 5 spoke full wheel covers that will reliably fit on the special vented popo rims, so let me know THANKS! ;-/
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't own an 06 so as far as seats goo I'm clueless but welcome either way

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Please do not double post the same topic

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: