NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My New Company Vehicle
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My New Company Vehicle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevimpala00
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.18

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject:  My New Company Vehicle Reply with quote

Well back in July I got a new company vehicle, my company was bought by Labcorp back in Jan so we got a new fleet of 26 - 2010 Chevy HHR's and 4 2010 Jeep Compass's.

Since July my 08 LTZ has basically been parked because for $100 a month I get personal use of a 2010 Jeep Compass. Unfortunately my luck with it just hasn't been that great. I don't like to admit to either of these because in a little under 7 years with my company my records been great. I ended up rear ending some one doing 2-3mph. Did 1500 worth of damage, have pics some where of the barely noticeable damage.....couple small marks. Then a week after getting the front bumper replaced......this happened......only pics I have of it are from the body shop

Popped a deer doing about 40mph.....Ended up being 5700 worth of damage. It was in the shop for 32 days because my company has to many people that needed to sign off on fixing it. No real punishment for either accidents and got to drive my Impala for a month.....good month....

rkvette
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.93

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Corvette
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

wow ! maybe company needs to send you to defense driving school ? dont want their insurance rates too go, to high ! when you attend that school b/c your the supervisor ! can show others so to save monies/ accidents for all employes .. no vegas driving schools , in corvettes ! of course just busting you a little ..?

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.18

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I feel ya! It was just a bad month and a half. This is nothing, we've had guys total multiple cars as in 4 in a 6 month period and basically no punishment. Since May when we got all of the new cars we've wrecked 7 of them. Most of them were preventable though.

But over the winter months my company has probably 5-10 accidents with hitting deer. Not fully but to a point my company understands that this is a part of the job when you are putting 300-400+ miles a day on the vehicles. Even though I have had no accidents in the previous 6 years or so, I have changed runs to an area that to my company is known heavy deer area, we have 3 runs that seem to get at least one deer every year. I got mine out of the way. Almost every day where I drive I see at least one car/deer accident its crazy......but no excuse should have seen the deer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: