NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - best wiper blades and message center?? 2004
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

best wiper blades and message center?? 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinW

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Question best wiper blades and message center?? 2004 Reply with quote

Hi everyone, been reading this forum for a long time and found most of my answers without needing to post. But now I have some new issues. I have a 2004 LS since new and the message center does not light up anymore, The Comp is working because the chimes go off when something is amiss, but can't see what it is. I have had the dash out twice fixing the stepper motors. I can not remember if it was working after the last one (a year ago or so). I just now realized it was not working when my trunk was open. I plan to reseat the plug as my 1st try. If anyone has had this issue or a test procedure, that would be great!

Have 102,000 on the clock, just about to replace the wheel hubs and front rotors (factory ones with 102K on them! and no warping!, its all about the lug torque). Going with Timken, raybestos rotors and monroe ceramic pads from Amazon (best prices!). Anything else I should work on for preventive maint?

Also going to have to change the thermostat soon, keep getting the P0128 code. Do I need to replace the Dexcool or just drain it enough to change and the top it off and bleed?

The factory wiper blades also need replacing (and on my 04 Malibu Maxx), what is the best fitting replacement blade out there? I don't want to get a poor fitting generic one. Tried GMparts direct, but it was unclear what the parts were.

Thanks in advance!
impalafirst
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2014 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I using the Rain X wiper blades and I am pleased with them vs the others I tried. You don't really have factory installed wiper blades with 102,000 miles do you? They were shot about 95,000 miles ago if you do.
KevinW

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impalafirst wrote:
I using the Rain X wiper blades and I am pleased with them vs the others I tried. You don't really have factory installed wiper blades with 102,000 miles do you? They were shot about 95,000 miles ago if you do.

Yup, never replaced them. Smile They were working fine until just this fall. Thanks for the tip on the rain-x
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I use Rain-X wipers, only problem is they don't get all of the windsheild. Sad

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.26

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

OEM blades only run $12 each at any GM dealer.
22675853 & 22675854

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I recommend the rain x ones as well or the trico blades as well. Both are kinda pricey IMO for wiper blades but I never had any trouble with either in any kind of weather.
billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.64

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would recommend the RainX Latitude wipers as well. Going on my 3rd year on them, and they're just now about to need replacing. They get my whole windshield, idk what the other person was talking about...you can also for the passenger side get an inch or two longer but it will hang off, but it will get more area on the window..
Bill58
Resident
Resident
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.2

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Any beam type blade will serve you well. OE for '06+ are beam and they work great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: