NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New Here, bought a 2004 9c1 Impala, have some questions
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New Here, bought a 2004 9c1 Impala, have some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espee2011

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject:  New Here, bought a 2004 9c1 Impala, have some questions Reply with quote

So I spoke for a 2004 9c1, and I've been reading around about some of its features and such. I noticed that the two boxes next to the engine (they look like fuse boxes) didn't have their doors, and was hoping someone could confirm that those are the fuse boxes? I'm attaching a pic with the boxes I'm referring to circled (they are on the left). Its not my car, I'll get pics of that soon (when I have the car at home/get a camera).

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah they're fuse boxes. Why wouldn't they have their doors? That's fishy.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
espee2011

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What makes you think its fishy? I'm curious. I'm trying to figure out if this car is a good buy, and plan on paying on Monday. I did a test drive with my dad and we both liked it but agreed that there were some rough spots body and aesthetic-wise.
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm just saying why wouldn't the doors be there?

04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:

Because it's a 9c1 and they are pretty much beat to snot....

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
espee2011

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I just liked imagining that yes, it was driven somewhat hard, but it was also constantly maintained by NYPD mechs. The car drove well, had good tires, decent suspension, the oil looked alright, and the tranny oil was reddish brown. Car had 44k miles.
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wait, it's an NYPD vehicle?!?! That's the worst duty you can give one of these cars... constant slow speed and idling, heating up the tranny

No matter how well maintained, you should expect some tranny issues in the not too distant future

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
Five-00

Posts per day: 0.01

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bbengineer wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

BBEngineer

The one that I bought was pretty well taken care of. No real major problems so far just regular maintnance and common problems such as Intake Manifold gaskets(I thought it was worse that that at first...thank god). Still good at 150,000. Cool

espee2011 wrote:
I just liked imagining that yes, it was driven somewhat hard, but it was also constantly maintained by NYPD mechs. The car drove well, had good tires, decent suspension, the oil looked alright, and the tranny oil was reddish brown. Car had 44k miles.

The thing that really sold me was the good handling and quick acceleration. I was taking off from stop signs and traffic lights like I was in a drag race, and rounding corners at 60mph during the test drive just to see if it would hold up. Needless to say it did pretty good. There were no leaks or funny noises, fluids were good and no under body damage so it passed my test and I was like... It also surprised me right off the bat is how much of a head turner it was. In the begining I was considering purchasing another cruiser that was 4 years newer, but it ran like garbage (Had about 10 keys on the key ring/Current Cruiser had only 1). Thats too many owners for me Laughing
espee2011

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Five-00 wrote:

The thing that really sold me was the good handling and quick acceleration. I was taking off from stop signs and traffic lights like I was in a drag race, and rounding corners at 60mph during the test drive just to see if it would hold up. Needless to say it did pretty good. There were no leaks or funny noises, fluids were good and no under body damage so it passed my test and I was like... It also surprised me right off the bat is how much of a head turner it was. In the begining I was considering purchasing another cruiser that was 4 years newer, but it ran like garbage (Had about 10 keys on the key ring/Current Cruiser had only 1). Thats too many owners for me Laughing

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness of the car, as well as the gobs of power it had on hand. I took it up to fifty on a city street and it just seemed to hum right along. This car is pretty responsive and handles well, as good as I'd expect from a 3600 pound fwd sedan. Imo, it feels responsive yet more responsible to dirve than a go kart like BMW, and it has more low end power than the 2003 maxima I've test driven (yes, its probably just me). I am under the impression that the drivetrain is in good shape, the body and interior will need a little tlc, though.

I don't plan on taking this car out to race or anything, it will be a highway cruiser, I'm sure the tranny was mashed a bit as a cop car, but I won't be mashing it/
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The 9C1s have steeper gears than the rest of the Impala line-up so it jumps out there pretty quick.

BTW Tom Cruise is gay. I saw it on TMZ.

04ImpalaSS wrote:

wedebrook wrote:

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
11ellswray
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bbengineer wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

BBEngineer

I would blame it on the lazy mechanics, when they stripped the vehicle of the police equiptment they probabally lost or ruind the covers. when i bought my 9c1 my rear blinkers were wired backwards, right blinker, left taillight, oh and the hole in the decklid where the antenna was supposed to be. silver insultape. Awesome, plus it was dirty as hell and the front drivers quarter panel was badly marred up. When i cleaned the interior out i found old french fries and a mtn dew can.

espee2011

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

11ellswray wrote:
bbengineer wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

BBEngineer

I would blame it on the lazy mechanics, when they stripped the vehicle of the police equiptment they probabally lost or ruind the covers. when i bought my 9c1 my rear blinkers were wired backwards, right blinker, left taillight, oh and the hole in the decklid where the antenna was supposed to be. silver insultape. Awesome, plus it was dirty as hell and the front drivers quarter panel was badly marred up. When i cleaned the interior out i found old french fries and a mtn dew can.

Haha, I have yet to find any food in the car (but my car has sorta smelled like a foot so it leads me to wonder...), but I understand your other stuff. The wiring is a bit off... my horn doesn't work, and I had to get the back lights rewired. Mine has a few stains and such, but I still have the antenna on the back and have quite a funny story about that (maybe to tell another time). Its too cold to dig around for the horn right now, but I'll get to that and cleaning the interior when this snow clears up and the mercury rises to 40-50 (yeah, thats warm).
11ellswray
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

espee2011 wrote:
11ellswray wrote:
bbengineer wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:

BBEngineer

Haha, I have yet to find any food in the car (but my car has sorta smelled like a foot so it leads me to wonder...), but I understand your other stuff. The wiring is a bit off... my horn doesn't work, and I had to get the back lights rewired. Mine has a few stains and such, but I still have the antenna on the back and have quite a funny story about that (maybe to tell another time). Its too cold to dig around for the horn right now, but I'll get to that and cleaning the interior when this snow clears up and the mercury rises to 40-50 (yeah, thats warm).

yea i know what your mean, i live in ol' wisconsin, woke up this morning, got a reading of -1.2 on the digital thermometer. I dont work on stuff in the cold, noone likes frozen phalanges.

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Heated garage FTW! The horn issue seems too be almost common with Impalas. Mine did it too, but started working again.

04ImpalaSS wrote:

wedebrook wrote:

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: