NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New Vehicle
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New Vehicle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject:  New Vehicle Reply with quote

Ok, so y'all know I traded the Impala... and although these aren't the best, here are some pics of the new ride. I'll work on getting some more decent pics. But I know y'all been asking about some pics, so here she is!

And again, no offense to my friends who are into rims, but I liked everything about this truck but the 20" rims...

So I told the salesperson that I would not buy the truck with those rims on it. I said, "if you'll switch the rims out with that Avalanche over there, I'll give you cash NOW. And since the Avalanche just happened to have the required size rims/tires that this Z71 comes with by default (which I casually checked before I asked about it), it worked out real good... And the 17's ride a lot smoother than the 20's!

Loaded with everything...5.3V8, leather, 4x4, 6disc in dash CD, XM, DVD, all power. I need to fix one of the washer sprayer nozzles and replace the hot/cold actuator for the rear climate control and then determine how I want to install my VHF/UHF equipment. I pulled my XM Direct from the Impala, but I didn't even have to put it in the truck since it already has it. Surprisingly enough, they didn't kill the subscription on it. I am thinking I'm going to get another 3800 platform vehicle next year as a "gas sipper" and an extra family vehicle, so I will keep my XM Direct for now so I might be able to install it in that car.

This isn't too bad on gas for a big vehicle. Only about half again or a little more than the Impala. For those that are familiar with Texas, I drove it home from Sugarland (South Houston) to Lufkin (about 140 miles), then drove from Lufkin to Livingston and back (about 105 miles round trip) and I am still on half a tank. I believe the tank is 26 gallons, can't remember for certain. But seem to be averaging about 20 or just above on the highway @ 70. About 14 overall.

Now I need my TX flag bowtie sticker for the front grille!

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.52

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

nice nice! (shoulda kept the rims!)

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Super clean especailly for a 7 year old truck! The 20's did look good though.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I support the decision to swapping the 20s for stock 17s. Looks much better that way.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah, it's very clean. I also had a nice surprise that I did not see at first! I found a nice amp under the seat and a sub with dynamat in the back above the jack compartment.

I expect that the person that owned it was as meticulous about their vehicles as I am about mine. Especially if they put the rims on it and went through the trouble of such a clean install of the aftermarket stereo stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Now you just need to change your sig. Hopefully you won't be the tranny king with this truck. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

True, true! I don't like being the tranny king!

I will change my sig when I get some better photos. But I will say, when I first read that I need to "change my sig," I immediately thought of my Sig .40 cal, which I really don't want to change Laughing

helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.54

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think 20's fit the vehicle profile better, but the ones on the truck weren't all that great looking and the factory 17's are a little cleaner.

I just hope you didn't pay a premium to change them out or shortchange yourself in tire life. They most likely had the price up a couple bucks because of the wheels, so you could've potentially worked them down a little with the 17's.

Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Actually, the tires on the 17's were a lot better; I'll get another 15-20k or so from them. The tires on the 20's I would have had to replace next month, especially since the wife and daughter and I are going to Michigan over Thanksgiving to visit our families. Never know what the winter weather is going to do after mid-October...might have snow, might not. So, I think I did ok. Yes, I could have kept the 20's and got some money for them, but I did not want to mess with it and go through the hassle. Getting tires that will last until next summer was worth more to me than messing with rims.

And I got this truck for about 5k under bluebook retail value, and still 3k under private party bluebook. 17's or 20's are moot, I practically stole this truck.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.57

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

she's purdy!!!

We just bought a 02 Tahoe Z71 for my Mom, its the dark green color

Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

something i really like about the short 'burb's i have alwayspreferred over the land yacht style. each has their place, and i too like the stockers. michigan around thanksgiving can be a crapshoot, too. we've had warm shirtsleeve weather and icy storms the last few years, take your pick. i have to get some new baloneys on the imp myself before the snow flies, the LS2's are about done at 64k and won't make it another month or so into the transitional weather we are apt to get.

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I've driven both (used to drive a Suburban company vehicle at my last job) and as far as driving, I love them both. Before my grandma passed away back in April, I used to drive her around in her Silverado Z71as she decided to quit driving back in 2002 about a year after she bought it. But I will say, that spending most of my life in Michigan and driving in the Michigan winters, I prefer to be in a truck over a car in any snowstorm. Smile And I definately do prefer the Z71 package and being that extra inch higher and standard 4x4 Smile

I don't really need the extra cargo room that a Suburban has anyway...but just wait, I may be changing my tune on family trips. Which is why I went from an Impala to a Tahoe anyway... I still think that here in the not too distant future (6mo-1yr), I am going to get another 3800 platform vehicle for local runs and just to have a second vehicle. Either another Impala or a GP.

Chadmack
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.29

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looks good! But.....you should have posted all this before going thru with the deal! I would have traded you my stock 17's off my Avy for your 20's! Plus, I was right on way from TX to MI!!! Laughing

Senior Level
Senior Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Awww dude! Bummer! I would have bought the truck as is and traded straight up with you too just to help a fellow forum member out because the rims would have been no use to me! Oh well... it was kind of a fast deal, and I had to jump or that truck would have been gone at the price it was at. But what's done is done... Smile

Chadmack
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.29

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Arvetus wrote:
Awww dude! Bummer! I would have bought the truck as is and traded straight up with you too just to help a fellow forum member out because the rims would have been no use to me! Oh well... it was kind of a fast deal, and I had to jump or that truck would have been gone at the price it was at. But what's done is done... Smile

DOOOHHHH!!! DOH! Big Cry Big Cry that would of been awesome..oh well, maybe next time...nice purchase though!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: