NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - I almost cried...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

I almost cried...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject:  I almost cried... Reply with quote

Yesterday, my wife and I were at a local nursery picking up some plants for her flower garden (fall's a great time to plant!). While we were there, I saw a couple drive up in what looked like an '04 SS (black with the chrome-bar grille). Nice looking car.

Anyway, the couple ended up purchasing several mini-boulders (large rocks for landscaping—freakin' heavy) from the nursery and put them in the trunk of the SS. The car ended up being bottomed out in the rear as it drove away. I almost cried...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets — SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster — SOLD
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That's nothing... I worked a garden center for 5 years when I was in high school and college. It's amazing what people will do to avoid a delivery fee. One time some guy wanted a few yards of bulk mulch and instead of paying the 20 buck delivery fee, he got a tarp and shoved it in the trunk of his car and filled the trunk...

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d

Last edited by IffyG on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Specter
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Where else are you going to put them?
On the leather seats?

biglinc1
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.86

2003 Lincoln Towncar
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:
On the leather seats?

Whats wrong with putting stuff on the leather seats??? Ehh? My mother puts everything from groceries to fertilizer on the back seats of my Lincoln she now owns... Rolling Eyes Laughing
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.59

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

biglinc1 wrote:
Specter wrote:
On the leather seats?

Whats wrong with putting stuff on the leather seats??? Ehh? My mother puts everything from groceries to fertilizer on the back seats of my Lincoln she now owns... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Yeah, really. I drove the SS home when I bought it with 2 of the extra wheels and tires on the back seats.

Last summer, I had 5 bags of mulch in the trunk of the car.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
Specter
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Oh nothing is wrong with putting things on the leather. I've had tires on mine as well.
Just saying do to the emphasis on the "put them in the trunk of the SS" like it was something bad.

biglinc1
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Lincoln Towncar
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:
Oh nothing is wrong with putting things on the leather. I've had tires on mine as well.
Just saying do to the emphasis on the "put them in the trunk of the SS" like it was something bad.

what do you do when you go fishing and catch a few fish.... hang them out the window til you get home... Shocked Laughing
Specter
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

biglinc1 wrote:
what do you do when you go fishing and catch a few fish.... hang them out the window til you get home... Shocked Laughing

Yes... Sad

biglinc1
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Lincoln Towncar
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:
biglinc1 wrote:

Yes... Sad

Shocked must be a long walk to the river to the pond across the field.... contrary to belief, mud in them thar mud holes will wash off the tires... Laughing
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:

I agree. The trunk could be cleaned if the owner really cared at all about maintaining a presentable vehicle (which, from my initial impression, he did). However, my point in emphasizing "put them in the trunk of the SS" is that an Impala is NOT the appropriate vehicle to be taking that many of those boulders wherever they were going. The way that car was dragging its rear when it left is what caused me to "almost cry".

In the grand scheme of things, it's that guy's car. He can do what he wants with it as long as it's not a danger to others, whether it's ruining the rear suspension (and probably the interior of the trunk) by overloading it with rocks, or painting it pink with hearts and flowers (and possibly a unicorn). It's just, as someone who really likes the Impala, it really bugged me to see one treated that way.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets — SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster — SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: