NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Feeling Guilty...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Feeling Guilty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject:  Feeling Guilty... Reply with quote

So, in the three weeks since I purchased my new '08 SS, it's gotten the lion's share of attention (perhaps understandably so). However, I was feeling guilty about not paying as much attention to the other two vehicles for a while. I had some extra time today, so I decided to wash them both up and take some pictures. Nothing special (they're just in my driveway), but at least they got some attention:

My '98 Silverado has 110K+ miles on it and still shines up nicely. The damage from the wreck a little over a month ago has, of course, all been repaired. The only obvious hint of the repair is that the front turn signal lenses don't match (passenger-side corner is where the impact occurred). One day I'll get around to replacing the other turn signal lense to match.

The '05 LS is my wife's daily driver now with 76K+ miles. Still drives as well as the day we bought it (actually, even better since I put the GoodYear Assurance TripleTreads on it). The body isn't as nice as it was though. Nebraska winters have taken their toll with lots of rock chips along the bottom edges of the body.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD

Last edited by overlordspock on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.75

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I like your vehicles as well as your home.

Sold 28/10/11
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.59

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Are those Tahoe wheels on the Silverado?

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Truckman
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.26

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Two fine looking machines, no doubt... Cool ...Ben

"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for" - Cuthbert J. Twillie "It must be mounted on a tripod! It must be mounted on a tripod!" - Cmdr. Frederick Mohr, Imperial German Army
j_weezy
Dedicated
Dedicated
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:

wondering that to,either way looks pretty sharp
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

j_weezy wrote:
20SS07 wrote:

wondering that to,either way looks pretty sharp

I like the wheels as well. IMHO I think the Silverado looks better than the Imp. Very Happy

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
jgilius
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.29

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i like the lack of the tacky grey trim color. that was one of gm's worst ideas. body colored is far and away the best look for that generation of impala. nice rides for sure!

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
MCO_Death
Guru
Guru

Posts per day: 0.93

1994 GMC Sierra
2006 Dodge Charger
1995 Buick Regal
2012 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice truck, and tire choice on it, I was using the same tires on my 94 GMC, got me through the snow pretty darn well, even with 2' of it Cool

That's your best friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nnoossss
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.06

2002 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Very nice vehicles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rkvette
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.9

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Corvette
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i agree with frank4202 post ! on the truck should have the wheel weights, put on inside of rims ? pain to clean and also looks cleaner/better, this way ! no big deal, nice vehices !!!!

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:

Yes. They came off of a 2005 Tahoe. Much better looking than the stock wheels on this truck!

jgilius wrote:
i like the lack of the tacky grey trim color. that was one of gm's worst ideas. body colored is far and away the best look for that generation of impala.

On most of that generation Impala, the body colored trim is far and away better looking. I never minded it on silver cars though. Not sure why.

PushrodPower wrote:
IMHO I think the Silverado looks better than the Imp.

The Silverado is my baby. I love that truck more than any other vehicle I've ever owned. I'm sad because (although you can't see it in the pics), the rust rot is starting on the underside of the cab on both sides. Crying or Very sad That'll be an expensive fix when the time comes (as in, when I can afford it).

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD

Last edited by overlordspock on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Chadmack
Uber
Uber
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.28

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

overlordspock wrote:

The Silverado is my baby. I love that truck more than any other vehicle I've ever owned. I'm sad because (although you can't see it in the picks), the rust rot is starting on the underside of the cab on both sides. Crying or Very sad That'll be an expensive fix when the time comes (as in, when I can afford it).

Still looks super clean though..

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

rkvette wrote:
i agree with frank4202 post ! on the truck should have the wheel weights, put on inside of rims ? pain to clean and also looks cleaner/better, this way ! no big deal, nice vehices !!!!

I know next to nothing about wheel balancing. The weights are simply where the tire shop put them. I would have no idea how to rebalance or move them to the inside of the wheels...

MCO Death wrote:
Nice truck, and tire choice on it, I was using the same tires on my 94 GMC, got me through the snow pretty darn well, even with 2' of it

Those REVOs are awesome tires. This last winter was a hellish winter for snow and there was no place that that truck and those tires didn't get me. Was even able to go pick up some fellow coworkers who called out from work because their streets had not been plowed. Laughing

REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.35

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Like the look of the newer wheels on the truck. Wheel weights - I'm not one to run 'em on the outsides either. Most of my wheels have 'em mounted on the insides (stick-ons), although my winter N99's have 'em mounted on the outter wheel lips but they're covered up by beauty rings so they don't count.

Love the white LS. Could benefit from different wheels, but my own LS sure could benefit from body colored trim. I hate the stupid grey look.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.83

2003 Lincoln Towncar
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice looking Silver-Eldorado... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: