NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My car is not fine wine... "Hood Open" problem
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My car is not fine wine... "Hood Open" problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloSS
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.66

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject:  My car is not fine wine... "Hood Open" problem Reply with quote

My car is definitely NOT getting better as it ages...and I'm getting tired of these BS little issues to the point where I want to dump it and get a beater...something that I'd expect to have to fix little things on. I think the car's best days were back in the first two weeks...and it's been all downhill from there.

All of a sudden, I'm getting a "Hood Open" message on the DIC, which chimes in every few minutes of driving or so. It's happening frequently enough that it's prohibiting me from using the remote start.

I checked the latch and it works fine...the hood is down and holding properly...but the message remains. This just started yesterday after I fixed an unrelated issue with the wiring to my LED signal strips. I guess the only link between the two is that I opened and closed the hood in the process. Confused It's not tapped into a common ground.

Has anyone diagnosed and repaired a faulty hood latch sensor? Is it in the latch mechanism itself, like it is for the passenger doors, or elsewhere on the chassis?

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

Posts per day: 1.27

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup,.. the hood ajar switch is part of the the latch from GM. Rolling Eyes Not really common, but I stock one if that tells you anything. Laughing About $78 for a new latch.

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.26

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ZSPOT wrote:
Yup,.. the hood ajar switch is part of the the latch from GM. Rolling Eyes Not really common, but I stock one if that tells you anything. Laughing About $78 for a new latch.
Should be easy enough to bypass, though... Idea ...Ben

"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for" - Cuthbert J. Twillie "It must be mounted on a tripod! It must be mounted on a tripod!" - Cmdr. Frederick Mohr, Imperial German Army
BuffaloSS
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.66

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm going to look into the cause and repair this weekend. Time to get out the good'old Haynes manual...where ever I put it last Confused2

Posts per day: 0

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BuffaloSS wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to look into the cause and repair this weekend. Time to get out the good'old Haynes manual...where ever I put it last Confused2

I read the schematics (somewhat) but was wondering if this is safe to bypass this or if the rest of the system will freak out. It appears this is tied into the vehicles alarm system as well.

Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: