NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - ? about my Viper Car Starter/Alarm
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

? about my Viper Car Starter/Alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffjwhite
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject:  ? about my Viper Car Starter/Alarm Reply with quote

Ok, well I installed the a Viper 5902 Car starter/Alarm in my car last night and I ran into a couple of snags. I need to find the Door Trigger wire. Now I know that there is a switch inside of the door locks on the car door that when open it will turn on the interior lights. Now what I need is to find that wire and access it so that if someone opens my door the alarm will go off when armed.

Mods: If this is in the wrong spot please move to the correct spot. Thanks

~ I don't need to know where I'm goin', I just need to know where I've been.~
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.31

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / MONTE CARLO / IMPALA / 2000-05 / Remote Start

12volts
red + ignition harness
Notes: The ignition harness is located far right of the steering column, behind the ignition switch.
Starter
yellow + ignition harness
Notes: The ignition harness is located far right of the steering column, behind the ignition switch.
Second Starter

Ignition
pink + ignition harness
Second Ignition
green + ignition harness
Third Ignition

Accessory
orange + ignition harness
Second Accessory
brown + ignition harness

This wire must be powered as an accessory wire. If powered as an 2nd ignition the car will not crank.
Keysense
Power Lock
orange/black - gray 24-pin plug @ BCM
Notes: Lock and unlock use the same wire. Lock requires a negative trigger with a 470 ohm resistor in-line. Unlock is negative trigger. Must use relays.

The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.
Power Unlock
same wire as lock
Lock Motor

Notes: Installation of factory keyless upgrade alarm is not recommended on this vehicle because the door lock motor wires rest at approximately 7 volts.
Unlock Motor

Notes: Installation of factory keyless upgrade alarm is not recommended on this vehicle because the door lock motor wires rest at approximately 7 volts.
Parking Lights+
do NOT use
Parking Lights-
white pink 24-pin plug @ BCM
Notes: The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.

Must isolate this wire from the BCM to avoid service engine soon light. See DirectFax document 1600 for wiring information.
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger
- gray 16-pin plug @ BCM
Notes: The drivers door trigger wire is blue. Blue/white will catch the passenger door. Use both wires and diode isolate each.

The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.

Have to also diode isolate from the BCM to prevent false alarms. Refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
Dome Supervision
use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin
red/black - gray 24-pin plug @ BCM
Notes: The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.

Have to also diode isolate from the BCM to prevent false alarms. Refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
Hood Pin

Trunk/Hatch Release
black - release switch
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm

Factory Alarm Disarm
lt green - gray 16-pin plug @ BCM
Disarm No Unlock

Tachometer
white ignition coil
Wait to start
Brake Wire
white + brake switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger
black - steering column
Notes: Horn can also be found at the black plug with a blue insert above the gas pedal.
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3

Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Multiplex
Part #: 456LW
Notes:
Combo Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW
Notes: Can use the 457GW to bypass the Passlock II, but it will not control the door locks on this model year.

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: