NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - driver door not getting enough power?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

driver door not getting enough power?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roc102782

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject:  driver door not getting enough power? Reply with quote

Ok, so I have swapped motors and the car runs grea. Due to a lot of reasons, this took a year. Now, my driver door does not lock or unlock from the switch or fob. I figured it was the actuator, so I swapped it with the same result. The actuators work fine when jumped straight from a battery, but when plugged into the door, it is like they are not getting enough power. Also, the power mirrors do not work, and the driver window hesitates sometimes. Is there a main power wire to the driver door? Anyone have pin-outs of the switches? I am thinking it is a pinched wire, but I don't want to start tearing through factory wrapped looms if the pinch is not behind the door panel. Thanks, rocco
Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.76

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If all the other locks work it makes me wonder....Is it possible that the drivers side door switch is gone bad? Isn't that what controls the mirror and locks? Take a multi-meter and see if you have power going to the switch. If the switch is getting power, then there might be a broken wire somewhere in the door?

Sold 28/10/11
roc102782

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I actually have an extra switch. Same result. I am hoping it is some mtupid wire pinch and not the BCM. Where should I start testing for power? I was also thinking it may be a loose wire in a connector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: