NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - My New SS
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

My New SS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Funny My New SS Reply with quote

Okay, as some of you may know (although probably most don't care... Smile ), I have been on the hunt for another W-Body for a while. My original three choices didn't work out, but as someone in that thread mentioned, it ended up being a good thing (for me at least) that I waited. Apparently, good things do come to those who wait.

Last week, I found an '08 Impala SS for sale in Lawrence, KS. I drove down to look at it on Saturday (about three-and-a-half hours away) and... I bought it! Yay!

It has 46,500 miles (which is a bit high for the age, but I was willing to go with it). The only slightly disappointing thing about the car to me is that it doesn't have a sunroof. But again, that's something I was willing to do without for the price. Dealer sold it to me for $5,000 under book price (and $4,000 under their asking price).

I was a little worried about the color at first (a few weeks ago, I saw an '06 SS that was "red", but it looked like a very pinkish red--ugh), but when I saw pictures sent to me from the dealer and, especially when I saw it in person, I found I really liked the color.

Had my mechanic check it over and he has given it a clean-bill of health (his quote: "Hmmm... nice car.").

Very nice. Very fun. Very smooth. I'm a happy man!

--
OverlordSpock
Truckman
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That is a seriously good looking car...Want to trade?... Question ...Ben

"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for" - Cuthbert J. Twillie "It must be mounted on a tripod! It must be mounted on a tripod!" - Cmdr. Frederick Mohr, Imperial German Army
DonRome
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
2008 Pontiac G8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That's a clean looking SS, I love the color. Nice find!

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2002 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

very nice ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ad0726
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.37

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Malibu
1983 Datsun Patrol
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Very nice car, love the color, but please remove that dealer sticker and license plate frame, would look MUCH nicer.
HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.13

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The more i see the Silver trim, the More I despise The Woodgrain. Evil or Very Mad

Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ad0726 wrote:
Very nice car, love the color, but please remove that dealer sticker and license plate frame, would look MUCH nicer.

Oh... they'll be removed. Those pictures were taken right after I first brought the car home, so I hadn't had any time to remove them yet. My wife thought I was crazy with how quickly I took off the dealer decal from our '05 LS when we brought it home. Smile

HeMi wrote:
The more i see the Silver trim, the More I despise The Woodgrain. Evil or Very Mad

Heh. The first '06+ SS I looked at (about a month ago) had the woodgrain trim on the dash (this was also the car with the pinkish-red paint). When we were done with the test drive, my wife turned to me and said "You aren't getting this car." She pointed at the woodgrain trim and said "It reminds me of my parents' Buick." Very Happy

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
TSS
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.57

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That car is stunning. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? Dids it include any warrantee? Just trying to keep tabs on real world going rates.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice car! I find it hard to beleive you were cross-shopping 04 and 05 models but bought an 08SS in the same price range Wink Laughing

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wanderson75
Guru
Guru

Posts per day: 1.35

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I hear...two remote mounted turbos...and....a cam....

crazydayz
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.83

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet S10
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice SS....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352096
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2588642
TSS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.57

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Funny, re: the wood trim. I don't mind the trim, but my wife said the exact same thing a few years back - but we were actually looking at a Buick. In 1999, my choices for a new car for her to replace her 1994 Chrysler LHS were narrowed down to a 1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra and a 1999 Chrysler LHS. She hated the Buick interior, specifically the wood, even though I really liked the 3.8 Supercharged. She got the LHS in large part due to that old style trim.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

TSS wrote:
That car is stunning. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? Dids it include any warrantee? Just trying to keep tabs on real world going rates.

According to Edmunds.com, the car books for about $18k. The dealer was asking $17k and sold it to me for $12k. It still has the balance of the 100,000 mile Powertrain Warranty. When I asked why the huge discount, they told me they just wanted to get it off the lot. Either sell it to me for $12k, or it would go to auction.

Lingenfelter wrote:
Nice car! I find it hard to beleive you were cross-shopping 04 and 05 models but bought an 08SS in the same price range Wink Laughing

Well, my original budget was $10k. As I continued to look around (especially after those initial three cars I was considering), I realized that I needed to be a bit more flexible than that. When I found this car, I was willing to up the budget a bit (I was actually surprised my wife went for that... Very Happy )

TSS wrote:
Funny, re: the wood trim. I don't mind the trim, but my wife said the exact same thing a few years back - but we were actually looking at a Buick. In 1999, my choices for a new car for her to replace her 1994 Chrysler LHS were narrowed down to a 1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra and a 1999 Chrysler LHS. She hated the Buick interior, specifically the wood, even though I really liked the 3.8 Supercharged. She got the LHS in large part due to that old style trim.

She was VERY adamant about not getting the car with the wood grain. It's weird, because she LIKES her parents' Buick, but she definitely did not want anything like that for our car.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
ptrfair
Dedicated
Dedicated

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to the SS family. Love the color.

2007 Impala SS - 75k
2009 Acura TL - 25k - Its nice Smile
2003 Impala 3400 - Gone, Still in the family
DonRome
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.3

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
2008 Pontiac G8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You got a great deal on the car. You're better off with a newer car even if it has quite a few miles, an older car won't be much at all once you pay it off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: