NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - how to remove the Camshaft Position Sensor
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

how to remove the Camshaft Position Sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otta

Posts per day: 0

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:  how to remove the Camshaft Position Sensor Reply with quote

I got a code PO341, I would like to replace the camshaft positin sensor. But for finishing the job, it seems I need to remove the steering pump first with disconnecting the hose. How can I just move the power steering pump without disconnecting the hose? 2000 impala 3.4L

Thanks kindly
Forgotten
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.11

2006 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

there should be 2 bolts holding the power steering pump, on top and near the bottom, i moved mine without taking any hoses off, did my crankshaft position sensor, im not sure but don't you also need to remove the harmonic balancer for the camshaft sensor?

http://www.photobucket.com/355camaro
78 Camaro Progress Album
sumdude
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.5

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I had to replace that sensor 2 times on my 3.4. yes you need to remove the power steering pump. No need to disconnect the lines going to it. If i remember correctly there should be some screws thats accessible with a socket wrench. these screws are located between the holes thats on the power steering pump pulley. remove those screws and lift the power steering pump out the way. dont pull the pump out completely but remove it so you have enough room to remove the sensor. After that there should be a screw or bolt that needs to be removed and with some effort the camshaft position sensor should slide right out. If you havent already purchased the sensor i think i have a extra one laying around here somewhere. $5 shipped and its yours

SuperCharged 9c1 | Tuned | SD Headers
Next time you get pulled over and you know you have illegal tint Follow these instructions: Tie a string around your power window fuse, and after you roll down your drivers window yank the fuse, which will render your windows inoperable. They can't test the film if the meter can't fit over it.
Wintermute
Member Level
Member Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Ford Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You may also need to remove your alternator and bracket to allow the power steering lines enough space. I had to go that far when I replaced my LIM gasket in July.

otta

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thank you all.
After I removed those bolts, can not life the power steering pump. The pump is blocked by the lines going to it. Any idea?
Forgotten
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.11

2006 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

update your location in your profile, who know's someone could be in the same city as you and offer to help out

http://www.photobucket.com/355camaro
78 Camaro Progress Album
otta

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thank you, Wintermute. You are right. I need to remove alternator and bracket to allow the power steering lines enough space for the job done. Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: