NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Will Dealer Pop Me If give them a Bad Trade in
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Will Dealer Pop Me If give them a Bad Trade in
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEDW

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject:  Will Dealer Pop Me If give them a Bad Trade in Reply with quote

Think my trans is starting to go bad, likely a $30 part (pressure solenoid) but will take approx $600 labor.

Long story short, if I can get by the dealer on a trade and they discover before they mail me out my title will they hold my title on the new vehicle I by hostage or something of the sort.

Thanks

http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....512#557512
impala219
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1960 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I dont see how they could... Ehh?

TEDW

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Didn't think you get the title right away on a new vehicle which would give them a chance to monkey back with you possibly?
impala219
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1960 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Whats the difference between them selling you a bad car and you trading in a bad car. I think you'll be fine.

donmateo
Troll
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'd do it and drive that s**t out the lot ASAP with all papers in hand. Once it's sold I don't think they could do anything. But if it's a $30 part they'll fix it themselves for pretty much free. Sooooo, will you really be the one laughing to the bank? Confused
The_maniac
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1984 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I disagree with donmateo about the dealer fixing it themselves pretty much for free (they still have to pay a worker wages to change it, but they will fix it a LOT cheaper then any of us would for having a mechanic do the work, so I agree with him onthe idea that the dealer will fix it at a smaller expense).

As I understand, once you make a deal, papers are signed, unless their is a stipulation about your trade, it's a done deal.

I had a friend who used a '91 Wrangler years ago on a trade. The dealer agreed to the trade without EVER seeing the vehicle. When my friend came to drop off his trade and pick up his new(er) car, the dealer was FUMING! The Wrangler was a bit beat up and best of all, had to be TOWED in. Shame on the dealer accepting the deal without seeing the trade first (but the deal was locked in and he had no back out).
EricJ
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Ford Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impala219 wrote:
Whats the difference between them selling you a bad car and you trading in a bad car. I think you'll be fine.
Exactly. I'm hoping to trade our '03 in someday unless i could sell it outright, but I don't think I'll bother.

I tried to find the "Judge Judy" where the lady filing the suit actually put white out on a section of the original contract she got from the no-name dealer (his copy of it was unaltered) thinking she was going to get away with it. I could not find it since youtube has the copyright paranoia squad and also has stuff listed together that should not be. Mad

Troll
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The_maniac wrote:
I disagree with donmateo about the dealer fixing it themselves pretty much for free (they still have to pay a worker wages to change it, but they will fix it a LOT cheaper then any of us would for having a mechanic do the work, so I agree with him onthe idea that the dealer will fix it at a smaller expense).

As I understand, once you make a deal, papers are signed, unless their is a stipulation about your trade, it's a done deal.

I had a friend who used a '91 Wrangler years ago on a trade. The dealer agreed to the trade without EVER seeing the vehicle. When my friend came to drop off his trade and pick up his new(er) car, the dealer was FUMING! The Wrangler was a bit beat up and best of all, had to be TOWED in. Shame on the dealer accepting the deal without seeing the trade first (but the deal was locked in and he had no back out).

It's gonna be almost free. How much does the dealer pay for the part? Then all they do is tell the tech to fix it and it's part of his salary.....Right?
manoogia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Absolutley 100% NO... they cannot legally do that. Dealerships are considered educated or "expert" buyers, and once they buy it there is no lemon law applicable.
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

manoogia wrote:
Absolutley 100% NO... they cannot legally do that. Dealerships are considered educated or "expert" buyers, and once they buy it there is no lemon law applicable.

Who are you kidding... if you deliberately misrepresent the condition of the vehicle they can come after you for it... it's called fraud.

Will they, probably not... but they most certainly can

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
donmateo
Troll
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bbengineer wrote:
manoogia wrote:

Who are you kidding... if you deliberately misrepresent the condition of the vehicle they can come after you for it... it's called fraud.

Will they, probably not... but they most certainly can

BBEngineer

It's not fraud if you don't know there's an issue. So, if you say you don't know, and they don't have a mechanic check it out, then they accept the trade......Especially if it's a $30 retail part....
rkvette
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.9

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Corvette
2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i know some/most dealers, lie !! i am also sure they low balled your car, just in case , there is a problem..!! a deals a deal ,its done ! good luck and enjoy your new ride !!!

NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

donmateo wrote:

It's not fraud if you don't know there's an issue. So, if you say you don't know, and they don't have a mechanic check it out, then they accept the trade......Especially if it's a $30 retail part....

Try reading what I posted again

bbengineer wrote:
if you deliberately misrepresent the condition of the vehicle they can come after you for it... it's called fraud.[

The fact that they are asking the question is evidence that they do know there is an issue with the vehicle

The cost of the part or repair is immaterial...

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
donmateo
Troll
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bbengineer wrote:
donmateo wrote:

Try reading what I posted again

bbengineer wrote:
if you deliberately misrepresent the condition of the vehicle they can come after you for it... it's called fraud.[

The fact that they are asking the question is evidence that they do know there is an issue with the vehicle

The cost of the part or repair is immaterial...

BBEngineer

So, essentially I re-iterated what you said and you challenged it....Ok.

The cost of the work is sort of relevant in that it means it's not a huge deal to fix meaning it's probably more likely not to know about the issue.
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

donmateo wrote:

So, essentially I re-iterated what you said and you challenged it....Ok.

The cost of the work is sort of relevant in that it means it's not a huge deal to fix meaning it's probably more likely not to know about the issue.

Not sure how you think you reiterated what I said, but ok...

As far as the part cost...WTF are you talking about?? A piston ring is an extremely cheap part, but it's a huge issue if it's bad... and unless you are a moron, you'll know there is an issue

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: