NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Must be a fuel leak... 3400 fuel line question
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Must be a fuel leak... 3400 fuel line question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NUTSgoWEEE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:  Must be a fuel leak... 3400 fuel line question Reply with quote

Was gone entirely last week and left my Impala parked for the whole time in the driveway. I'm 99% positive i had between a half-tank and 3/4 tank of gas and this morning it was hovering around the tick mark that the low-fuel light comes on for.

I remember suspecting a leak a few months back when i left my car for a weekend and it seemed like it was lower but i wasn't sure and ignored it.

It would make sense that this is related to my hard-starting problem which is that when I try to start the car, it takes a few seconds to turn over, but only if it's been running in the past 8-10 hours and has been off for more than 45 min to an hour. That problem started right after I did the head gaskets and removed the injectors and fuel rail to replace all the o-rings.

I have a fuel pressure test gauge and everything is up to pressure when the fuel pump is on and it seems to hold pressure after it turns off but I'm not sure exactly what to look for.

My best guess is the connection where the fuel feed line connects to the fuel rail. There is a small o-ring there that I replaced with one from an assorted o-ring pack because the original one was cut. I ran the fuel pump and checked for leaks after putting it back together and couldn't smell or see anything but maybe if it's a real small leak?

Any good fuel leak finding suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: