NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Water in driver side floorboard
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Water in driver side floorboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackkodiak18

Posts per day: 0.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject:  Water in driver side floorboard Reply with quote

So I've been having some issues with water collecting in the drivers floorboard after driving on wet roads, I thought I had found the cause when I located two holes where something had been mounted to the inside of the fender well but after plugging the holes I still have the problem just not as bad. Does anyone have any ideas from here? I tried recreating water conditions with a hose but got nothing.

It only seems to be an issue after driving in the rain as there is no puddle if the car is just sitting in the rain. Any ideas as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You should search this forum for "cabin air filter seal". It is a common issue with the cars.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blackkodiak18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I did do a search but the symptoms for a cabin air filter is water on the passenger side but I have an issue with water on the drivers side, thus the reason for my post. I was unable to find any info searching that pertained to the drivers side.

Sabrewings
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 4.01

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What did you plug the holes with? Either there's another hole or what you used isn't doing a good enough job.

Still Imp'n, just with a different Imp.
blackkodiak18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I used intake gasket silicone and I checked their hold and they're not leaking. I haven't found another hole yet, doesn't mean there may not be one, I just haven't found another one.

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Have you tried pulling the carpet in the driver's side? If it only happens when driving and not when sitting, I'd think it's either road spray, or your fender dogleg on the driverside is packed up with dirt and leaves.

I'm assuming you've pulled the fender liner on the front driverside, since you've mentioned something appeared to have been mounted in there before? If not, pull it out and see if anything obvious is in there.

I still think the best way to locate the leak would be pulling back the carpeting and spraying underneath with the hose if nothing stands out.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blackkodiak18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I had pulled the carpet back and tried using a hose to identify where the leak was coming from before posting but to no avail. My bad for not mentioning it originally. I took the fender liner out but did not notice anything obvious, cleaned out some junk but it didn't appear to be enough to cause any issues. I did locate another hole in the post that holds the door, not sure what used to be there but it was threaded but I went ahead and plugged it up since it was outside of the weather stripping and had potential to let some water in.

We're suppose to have some more rain soon so I guess we'll see if that fixes it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: